Quake 4 SafeDisc blacklist ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't change any settings at all.
    I did just go to "Image Making Wizard" and created the image, I didnt even use the "Skip reading errors" function, which is said to be good to use on SD games.

I have no idea why it did work so easily for me when some people don't get it to work at all.
    Last edited by Methadon; 02.11.2005, 02:54.

Comment

image of Quake 4

I think its impossible to make an image of Quake 4 without "Skip reading errors" checked. Did you mean you did not check "Fast skip error blocks (Not every device supports this function)"?
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Kastagir
        What profile did you use in Alcohol 120 to make the image? I've tried a few time and every time I get dozens if not hundreds of disk read errors. I'm using the latest version and it has no clear SafeDisk 4 support.
        Just use the "Safedisc 2/3" profile.

The errors are normal of course. After all, it's Safedisc.
        To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
          I think its impossible to make an image of Quake 4 without "Skip reading errors" checked. Did you mean you did not check "Fast skip error blocks (Not every device supports this function)"?
          Yes, I did an image of quake without "Skip reading errors", it is not impossible I did it an hour ago just to double check and it works.
          Originally Posted by Nikos
          Just use the "Safedisc 2/3" profile.

The errors are normal of course. After all, it's Safedisc.
          I couldn't even choose and profile/datatype when I inserted my Quake 4 DVD, but it worked anyway.

Comment

SafeDisc DVD has no read errors which is why you didn't need to skip any.
            Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Originally Posted by Kitna
              SafeDisc DVD has no read errors which is why you didn't need to skip any.
              That explains it why it's not impossible.
              If you have the cd version, then it's a must to use "Skip reading errors".

Comment

Oops... I forgot that this was the DVD version. You should not ignore read errors with DVD safedisc, since any errors you encounter are because of scratches/dust/etc and not part of the protection.

Comment

I just made an image using the latest Alcohol 120% and upped it using DaemonV3.47 and I had no problems whatsoever. Am I just lucky or what? I was expecting huge dramas.

Comment

Originally Posted by tr1nity
                    I just made an image using the latest Alcohol 120% and upped it using DaemonV3.47 and I had no problems whatsoever. Am I just lucky or what? I was expecting huge dramas.
                    You mean it runs from image without an anti-blacklisting tool?

Comment

Yes, I don't understand it after reading this thread!

Comment

Originally Posted by tr1nity
                        Yes, I don't understand it after reading this thread!
                        What safedisc version does A-Ray Scanner detect? (Full string please.)

Comment

What safedisc version does A-Ray Scanner detect? (Full string please.)
                          Does Q4 have any other version of SafeDisc than this?

[16:42:18] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 4.00
                          [16:42:19] SafeDisc 4.60.000 detected -> F:\Setup\Data\Quake4.exe
                          [16:42:22] --- File(s) Scan Finished [2.94s] ---

I can aslo run Q4 without any anti-blacklisting tool.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
                            Does Q4 have any other version of SafeDisc than this?

Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 4.00
                            SafeDisc 4.60.000 detected -> F:\Setup\Data\Quake4.exe
                            Same as mine. But I can't run it from image without SF4Hide. Strange. Really.

Sure you didn't activate some anti-blacklisting tool in the past but forgot to deactivate it again?

EDIT: Are we talking about the DVD version? Because that's what I have.

Comment

Same as mine. But I can't run it from image without SF4Hide. Strange. Really.
                              Yes that is strange.
                              Sure you didn't activate some anti-blacklisting tool in the past but forgot to deactivate it again?
                              Nope I have never even installed any anti-blacklisting tool since my format.

I tried to use SF4Hide to get my mini-image to work, but I didn't get it to work.
                              And it is not because of SF4Hide that I am able to play with my clone because I was able to play with it even before SF4Hide was released.
                              EDIT: Are we talking about the DVD version? Because that's what I have.
                              And yes I am also talking about the DVD version.
                              Last edited by Methadon; 08.11.2005, 16:58.

Comment

Well, I give up then. Either there's something in your system that prevents Q4 from detecting the virtual drive, or the protection differs slightly for discs sold in your country.

Comment

Working...
                                X