• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 4 SafeDisc blacklist ?

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
    Last edited by ß; 20.07.2006, 10:22.

You have to use Anti-Blaxx 1.17 or SafeDisk 4 Hider
    http://cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_8.shtml#SafeDisc%204%20Hider
    I prefer SD4 Hider, Anti-Blaxx is more difficult.
    Last edited by AnalCobra; 27.10.2005, 13:56.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I didn't do anything. I just layed it in to my Daemon-tools and ran it. Well maybe I was lucky...

Comment

Originally Posted by linuxares
        I didn't do anything. I just layed it in to my Daemon-tools and ran it. Well maybe I was lucky...
        I think you were lucky. Normally you need an antiblacklisting tool to run Quake 4.
        Fifa06 is copy protected by Safedisk 4, too.
        For Fifa i don't need any antiblacklisting tool but some people need it.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I have no problem to run a SD 4.6 clone (Quake 4) with daemon tools.
          But it doesn't work to play with a mini-image.
          Originally Posted by AnalCobra
          I think you were lucky. Normally you need an antiblacklisting tool to run Quake 4.
          Fifa06 is copy protected by Safedisk 4, too.
          For Fifa i don't need any antiblacklisting tool but some people need it.
          Safedisk 4 has not blacklisted Daemon Tools, but Safedisk 4.6 (Quake 4) has.
          Last edited by Methadon; 27.10.2005, 18:55.

Comment

Quake 4 How to...?

Is there is patch or software fix to make Quake 4 work in the vertual drive so, I can play it without dragging around my cd wallet with me?
            I saw something mentioned about anti blacklisting tools. Where do I get these and how do I use them?
            I was able to install the game with the images made from Blidwrite 5 but is will not play from the virtual drive.
            Thanks for the help.
            perrynoid

Comment

Originally Posted by perrynoid
              Is there is patch or software fix to make Quake 4 work in the vertual drive so, I can play it without dragging around my cd wallet with me?
              Uhm, Safedisc 4 hider? Like already mentioned?
              To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Just make a clone of the game with Alcohol, it works fine for me to play with the clone mounted whiteout any extra stuff, such as Safedisk 4 hider.

Comment

I can't make quake 4 work, yet.

OK, I tried alchohol 120 and it made an image but, when I try to mount it with A120 or daemon tools, it gives me an error, saying it's not a valid image file. I have been searching for safedisk 4 hider with no success. Where can I get it? I have the latest version of blidwrite and those images don't work with Daemon either. Any suggestions?

Comment

OK, I tried alchohol 120 and it made an image but, when I try to mount it with A120 or daemon tools, it gives me an error, saying it's not a valid image file. I have been searching for safedisk 4 hider with no success. Where can I get it? I have the latest version of blidwrite and those images don't work with Daemon either. Any suggestions?
                    If you got a message like that something is wrong with the image and that ain't nothing you can fix with Safedisk 4 hider
                    But you can find find Safedisk 4 hider here.
                    Try to create an image again.

Comment

cool, it works!

I finally found safedisk 4 hider. It did not work at first but, after rebooting and trying a few things like: mounting the blindwrite image after starting safdisk then pressing hide after the start screen comes up, then play and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for the help. Once again, I am free from the CD wallet!

Comment

Great! One thing that I don't understand is why some people need to use Safedisk 4 hider to play the cloned game and some doesn't need it.
                        Me for an example just made a clone of the game in Alcohol, and then i just mounted it in DT and it works, without Sd4hide

Comment

That is strange.

There are different releases or production dates of this game. I have the latest regular version. There is also a special edition now. What I can't figure out is why the A120 image doesn't work. Damn software companies want us all chained to our physical media. Long live free usage rights!

Comment

There are different releases or production dates of this game. I have the latest regular version.
                            I'm not really sure what version i've got, but since I preordered the game I got to have a early version.

Comment

What profile did you use in Alcohol 120 to make the image? I've tried a few time and every time I get dozens if not hundreds of disk read errors. I'm using the latest version and it has no clear SafeDisk 4 support.

Comment

Working...
                              X