• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d-tools v-4 and win 64 bit

just wondering if any body no's if d-tools v-4 will support windows 64 bit
    if it does i woud gladly buy d-tolls pro
    thanks

and to all at daemon tools great job and keep up the good work

It looks easy to do, but rewriting a program to make it work in a 64-bits environment is a big task. It might appear, but surely not for now, since it's an emerging technology.

Comment

See the thread entitled "Daemon Tools v4/Windows XP x64 support" in the Common Problems and Solutions forum.

Specifically, the first sentence of the second paragraph.

:wink:
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
        See the thread entitled "Daemon Tools v4/Windows XP x64 support" in the Common Problems and Solutions forum.

Specifically, the first sentence of the second paragraph.

:wink:

Didnt you just tell me this, in the same exact way?

hehe, ctrl+c and ctrl+v must work good for ya ^_^

Though thats probly just habit by now....

Comment

Hakira, are you saying I did something wrong by giving the exact same answer? What would you have done?

I can't tell if you're being polite or not.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
            Hakira, are you saying I did something wrong by giving the exact same answer? What would you have done?

I can't tell if you're being polite or not.
            Oh, dont miss-understand me I was being polite, I would have done the same exact thing. I just find it funny when you see the same exact in mutiple threads. and actualy something close to the same topic as the thread before it...

Comment

I bet there's a lot of text files on his desk, prepared for special event ... especially in those times of people asking and not reading...
              Carpe diem

Comment

just for know but... i didn't understand a thing. DTv4 will be x64 and 32bit compatible... or there will be two version of the same? I read "rewritten from scratch" so i think there will be two version!?

Another thing... that "will support x64" read in a thread will it means that the version we all are waiting for will be x64 ready... or... that the version "we all are waiting" will be just for 32bit system?

I've got a system not in dualboot so, just plain windows x64 but... it would be nice to know if i've to dualboot in 32bit meanwhile... Thanks.

** sorry for bad english... overseas here!!!
                Last edited by bryanondabeach; 28.10.2005, 10:29.

Comment

Originally Posted by bryanondabeach
                  just for know but... i didn't understand a thing. DTv4 will be x64 and 32bit compatible... or there will be two version of the same? I read "rewritten from scratch" so i think there will be two version!?

Another thing... that "will support x64" read in a thread will it means that the version we all are waiting for will be x64 ready... or... that the version "we all are waiting" will be just for 32bit system?

I've got a system not in dualboot so, just plain windows x64 but... it would be nice to know if i've to dualboot in 32bit meanwhile... Thanks.

** sorry for bad english... overseas here!!!
                  As far as I can tell its one version that will be installable on both x64 and on x32. The DT v4 has been totaly done from scratch because of blacklisting problems and they were tired of releasing patches to fix the problem....

Note: this is just information that I have gathered from reading theads all around the forums, so I dont know how accurate this is...

Comment

Working...
                  X