Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x64: 64 bits edition for 64bits-processors
    x32: 32 bits edition for 32bits-processors

most people still have 32 bits processors..
    ive noticed that 64bit windows is buggy as hell..

Best Regards,
    Alexej Kubarev

Code Expert Nordic
    Web: http://www.codexp.net

Comment

The misinformation you read on forums sometimes is beyond belief

So your saying that somehow an installed Windows XP 64-bit (which is based on Windows 2003 Server SP1) is a buggy install?

Please. Either your tried a previous beta version and not the final release and possibly had appalling drivers or you simply haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Anyhow, once I see the demo version of Daemon working in x64, my cash is as good as yours Daemon team.

I don't know how much longer I can use FantomDVD without losing it. But hey, it works in x64 so can't complain

Patience is a virtue
      Last edited by ManMountain; 31.10.2005, 00:38.

Comment

okej..well.. XP 64.bits is buggy and my copy comes directly from MSDN Universal Subscriber downloads
        Buggy because software that works fine for 32-bits XP crashes on 64 bits.. i dont like that..

And XP-64 is NOT based on 2003 SP1.. it has the same core as Win 2003 R2 that has been released recently but with some big improvements as memory leeak fix. XP 64 doesnt have that
        THe Win 2003 R2 core is even used in Vista.. That one is a bit more buggy yet..

Best Regards,
        Alexej Kubarev

Code Expert Nordic

Comment

Funny that, I also downloaded my x64 from MSDN and haven't experienced the so-called buggyness at all, anywhere in Windows.

It's the fastest, most stable version of Windows I have used to date.

It's news to me that both the x64 version of Server and XP are not based on Windows Server 2003, but on a release candidate. I guess it's true, be it fact or fiction, you do learn something every day

Incompatibilty problems that I've encountered are those that I knew I'd have to lose using in x64. Certain firewalls, virus-scanners, basically anything low level that relies on 32-bit device drivers will fail. But thankfully most of these programs are being compiled to support x64 and now function fine.

That is, except Daemon tools. But whenever it's released I'm sure it will work fine.

Comment

Well most of my problems where caused by programms not working properly with x64..
            thats why i simply decided to change back..
            I didnt pay for any of those machines so why bother: the company takes care of that!

Best Regards,
            Alexej Kubarev

Code Expert Nordic

Comment

Originally Posted by Alexei Kubarev
              Well most of my problems where caused by programms not working properly with x64..
              thats why i simply decided to change back..
              I didnt pay for any of those machines so why bother: the company takes care of that!
              Sorry to hear about your problems with x64, but it has to be something with the programs you were using (old programs, perchance?). I've yet to have any of my programs fail to work under x64 unless they relied on 32-bit drivers (as ManMountain stated above). I literally have every program running under x64 that I used to run under 32-bit XP, except for the aforementioned incompatible ones. I don't even have a 32-bit XP install anymore. Just because you had a bad experience with some of your programs doesn't mean that x64 is a buggy software. My 2-cents worth on the matter, and I hope you give x64 another try. It's definitely worth it (and considering that the x64 version of Vista is going to be MS's primary push, it's also the future of Windows).
              Last edited by Jito463; 31.10.2005, 13:37.

Comment

Well, lets just hope that Microsoft don't screw us over with Vista. I mean, jeez, that will probally require new drivers like the change over to x64.

The thing I hated most was that they made x64 in about 2minutes and never gave people time to build hardware drivers and software to run on its newer core.

The bugs people speak of... just reinstall XP(32) without servicepacks and count how many UPDATES there are for it. And even x64 is getting alot of them. Its just microsoft want to get it out, then tweak it.

Thanks why win98 has been a really good system, they actually spent some time and effort on it. Where as 2000, XP, x64 and Server 2003 were quick to the market, then SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4 etc.

LOL

Interesting fact 1;

Windows core is based on Unix.

Interesting fact 2;

Microsoft is going to release a Open Source peice of software. The software i think is just for Dev groups to help them, but its a start..

Comment

Originally Posted by compxlan.com
                  Interesting fact 1;

Interesting fact 2;

Microsoft is going to release a Open Source peice of software. The software i think is just for Dev groups to help them, but its a start..
                  Do you have more informations?
                  Carpe diem

Comment

Thats interesting info there m8..So this is my first post and i been using x64. I am a microsoft partner and got the x64 with the new pack they sent me and i did use the beta when it was out and it came right off again as i found it buggy but hey...It was beta..Now that i got full ver installed i have to say its pretty good but on the other hand i dont see much of a difference between x32 and x64 and i have been useing it for 1 week now. Few things i have found wont run on it sadly but i am sure these will be sorted...But Daemon tools is a must for my system and i cant live without it and i cant get any of the other clone drive programs to work like phantom dvd and filedisk..Both have errors :s So i am looking forward to the new release of daemon tools so lets hope its good news today if they let us know anything.

Comment

Well, lets just hope that Microsoft don't screw us over with Vista. I mean, jeez, that will probally require new drivers like the change over to x64.
                      The change to x64 mandated that there be new drivers. 64-bit is a completely different architecture from 32-bit. Driver changes was inevitable and unavoidable.

The thing I hated most was that they made x64 in about 2minutes and never gave people time to build hardware drivers and software to run on its newer core.
                      You do realize that x64 was in beta for over a year. A YEAR! How is it that they released it without giving people time build drivers? It's just that most companies prefer to wait for a final build before they'll code for a new product, which is to be expected because they don't want to put a lot of time and money into a new OS until they find out if it's worth it to them.

The bugs people speak of... just reinstall XP(32) without servicepacks and count how many UPDATES there are for it. And even x64 is getting alot of them. Its just microsoft want to get it out, then tweak it.
                      Well, it's no surprise that they want to get it out there to make money off of it. But they were also getting a lot of flack from the x64 community that wanted a 64-bit Windows, so I'm sure that motivated them to a point as well.

Thanks why win98 has been a really good system, they actually spent some time and effort on it. Where as 2000, XP, x64 and Server 2003 were quick to the market, then SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4 etc.
                      You do know 98FE (First Edition) was worse than Windows 95, right? Right? You've never heard of 98SE? Most devices today won't even work on the original 98. They require 98SE and higher. Service packs are nothing new.

LOL

Interesting fact 1;

Interesting fact 2;

I'm not even going to touch this one.
                      Last edited by Jito463; 31.10.2005, 13:39. Reason: Missed a point

Comment

off-topic: Jito463, check you're PMs. I sent you something a week ago.
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

So you did. I never got any message there there was a PM so I never checked.

Comment

XP64 rocks!!

Would NEVER go back to XP32......

Comment

Working...
                            X