Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: X3 - Reunion, any X2 Fans?

New User

I'm the opposite of you guys, i played freelancer and loved it for its quick style of gameplay then heard about x2. went out and purchased it and was completely disapointed with it.. i dont remember why but from memory i think compared to freelancer its alot more indepth and just wasnt what i was after. Freelancer is more one ship against the world kinda thing loved it compared to the whole take time/build a fleet thing.

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by kingdazy
    I'm pretty sure my AllInWonder x800 and AMD x64 3500+ will do the trick... ;-)
    Aye, got SLI nVidia's myself with AMD Athlon x64 x2 4200 Dual Core, looking forward to playing X3 with it, not really played any games with this system yet, well, besides F.E.A.R. bout it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshio
    I'm the opposite of you guys, i played freelancer and loved it for its quick style of gameplay then heard about x2. went out and purchased it and was completely disapointed with it.. i dont remember why but from memory i think compared to freelancer its alot more indepth and just wasnt what i was after. Freelancer is more one ship against the world kinda thing loved it compared to the whole take time/build a fleet thing.
    Yup, 2 different playing syles, I like Freelancer, just IMO feel X2/X3 are better, I like a in depth game, just like FL you can mod X2/X3 to your hearts content to make things better.

And X3, the AI has been revamped, the fighting is not longer "easy" like it was in X2, so it should be a much more enjoyable game since it will put you "in the game" with combat.
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

New User

Daumen hoch

X3 gameplay should be completly different to X2 due to its new flight physics model. X2 had no inertia in the flight model... You were always flying the way you were looking at. Even freelancer had no such fubar stuff.

As to the starforce - yeah it sux3... But dt4 is almost released!!! The team is just having revenge on us for crap postings delayin the release, but that's ok... I knew it would be this way anyway.

As to the official no-cd... Probably not until the sales drop.
    Unofficial no-cd will have some downsides like x2 did : it slowly degraded your ranks. X2 checked md5 hashes and detected you were using no-cd. So do NOT use no-cds with x3!!!!

Well. Waiting for official release in russia to get my official copy for just 3-4$ with cd-key for the website (prices are low to fight piracy here). But still I am going to play the english version since i hate localassed versions. LOL

Abd yes, i played all the x2 (i own the legimate russian copy + english version i play), tried tons of custom scripts and even wrote some myself
    Last edited by durik : 30.10.2005 at 11:14

Experienced User

cool , I have a few script and such on some of the community sites, one was well known for a while, such as simple cheat script, but worked lol, X2BankRobber

Speaking of Freelancer, for that other guy, you play any of theTNG Mod?

Has anyone got the UK version of X3 ? Can't wait to get it in my hands . I will surely buy the game, but starforce really s*cks. Hopefully we will get Daemon v4 to ease the pain .

Experienced User

I think mine may be the UK version. The origional CD's going into the US were delayed, so DVD from UK were imported to get the game rolling to customers.

I cancelled my pre-order I origionally had, and re-ordered from gogamer, now I will definately have the DVD-Rom version, and will be here Nov 2 according to FedeX Tracking.

But there are 2 DVD Versions in the US of course. UK and US versions, so im really unsure yet. Will see though.

Is there a good online shop with distributes games all over the world ?? Like delivering to germany ? I would like to order X3 , but didn't find a good one...

Experienced User

You can order directly from EGOSOFT.

http://www.egosoft.com/shop/default.asp?lang=44&cat=0

They are based over in Germany/UK so shold be able to get from them directly.

For deliveries to germany, try Okay Soft. They have just about every game out there, but to view games rated 18+, you'll need to send them a copy of your ID (Personalausweis).
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Experienced User

OK, I must have been keeping my eyes shut when these games came to the market, I have never heard of them... execpt freelancer.. which I dont know if this is the one your talking about but it was done by microsoft... So if someone could be so kind as to bring me up to speed on what these games are...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast