No announcement yet.

X3 - Reunion, any X2 Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think mine may be the UK version. The origional CD's going into the US were delayed, so DVD from UK were imported to get the game rolling to customers.

I cancelled my pre-order I origionally had, and re-ordered from gogamer, now I will definately have the DVD-Rom version, and will be here Nov 2 according to FedeX Tracking.

But there are 2 DVD Versions in the US of course. UK and US versions, so im really unsure yet. Will see though.
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Is there a good online shop with distributes games all over the world ?? Like delivering to germany ? I would like to order X3 , but didn't find a good one...

Comment

You can order directly from EGOSOFT.

http://www.egosoft.com/shop/default.asp?lang=44&cat=0

They are based over in Germany/UK so shold be able to get from them directly.

Comment

For deliveries to germany, try Okay Soft. They have just about every game out there, but to view games rated 18+, you'll need to send them a copy of your ID (Personalausweis).
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

OK, I must have been keeping my eyes shut when these games came to the market, I have never heard of them... execpt freelancer.. which I dont know if this is the one your talking about but it was done by microsoft... So if someone could be so kind as to bring me up to speed on what these games are...

Comment

Originally Posted by Hakira
              OK, I must have been keeping my eyes shut when these games came to the market, I have never heard of them... execpt freelancer.. which I dont know if this is the one your talking about but it was done by microsoft... So if someone could be so kind as to bring me up to speed on what these games are...
              X Series of games from EGOSOFT are nice games, somewhat similar to Freelancer (not quite the same however).

You can build stations, command your ships, ect.. You can view 1st or 3rd person views. Pretty much complete freedom to do what you want in space, from mining, building, taking over sectors (solar systems), blowing up stations ect.., whatever you want to do.

The storyline is short, kinda like Freelancer, X has been around longer however. X2 is still a good game, and runs fine on lower end+ systems.

The main thing about X Series is there is no multiplayer. But what it lacks in multiplayer it makes up for with the ammount of things you can do with the game, modding support is excellent and also provided is an ingame script editor to create your own mods.

You can see all the X Series games by visiting
              http://www.egosoft.com/games/index_en.php
              (Think they are have some probs with the site curently, should be running fine again soon)

There is a Rolling Demo available for X2 - The Threat, you may want to check it out. But X3 has seriously upgraded their graphics and use a new engine.

Here are some screenshots of X3: Reunion
              Click a screenshot for larger view:

If you want to Download the demo of X2, you can get it from Enlights site.

http://www.enlight.com/x2/file.html
              Scroll down and you will se Demo download links.

More screenshots are here: (Maybe Spoliers)
              http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.p...7895&highlight=

Comment

Played X3 for couple of hours today. My first impressions were that it pretty damn good. Some minor bugs still after patch
                1.2 but there's gonna be another one in two weeks.
                Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

aye Got my copy this morn, and been playing all day, very sweet graphics. The controls are alot different than X2, is going to take me some time to get used to, I keep wanting to hit controls that are for X2 lol.

Might just reconfig my controls to be the same as X2 was, the Classic Profile does not seem to work the same on my gamepad as it did in X2, so going to have to manually config it, but so far the game is great.

Started a Assassin character, since there is a bug currently for the storyline mode which makes you not able to complete the storyline, but even so, you can still venture off in storyline mode and do whatever.

Have a feeling I will be up all night playing :P

Comment

Dllfile thanks for filling me in.

Comment

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.p...7418&highlight=
                      Lots of nice quality videos there, check em out!

Comment

X2: X3: Freelancer and EVE

You know, I pre purchased this game also, graphics are awesome gameplay is good, but I keep getting stuck on the second part of the storyline.. Bah...

What I don't understand is that I can go up against 2 Falcons and 2 Nova's in a 4 Pirate Group and kill them all off but I can't get that Turret down pat on the Goner Transport to go any further in the mission..

X2 was awesome, was just dissapointed in the short Storyline. Great Re-Playability and even fun after the Storyline!

X3 IS awesome but apparently still a bit buggy.. Waiting on next patch patiently.. *thump, thump, thump*

Freelancer was fun until I finished the storyline then I found playing it rather dull.

Now.... For the good stuff....!

EVE-Online (Have any of you played it?)
                        I love EVE-Online, been playing it now for 3 years and it just keeps getting better and better! Want to talk about doing just about anything in a space game it has it all and the graphics to boot! Any of you play there currently? I have the same SN there as I do here and anywhere else I go.. ShyTech look me up sometime!

Though, when X3 Starts getting a move on I will probably not be playing EVE much, though I will still play it, I LOVE Storylines!

ShyTech

Comment

Dllfile: hmm,not true... only if you play at 800x600 and even then the game jams.I have GF5600 ultra 256mb ...and i have the effect of DIAPOSITIVES
                          I dont like the interface of this game... it remembers me of Battlecruiser Millenium (eeeek,Derek Smart! eeek!!)...but ofcourse,BCM is not even near the toes of X3.
                          Still,i hoped for a better cockpit - maybe other spaceships have this. Besize that,its awesome in GFX...loading times hurt very much though (I have p4 2.667 ,512mb(burned my other 512mb) ,120gb hdd... if you dont have at least ATI RADEON 9800pro,its a waste of time ) ).I loved X2,wich sadly lacked a bit in depth (and planet surface landing!!)

Comment

And yeah,i played EVE online when it was BETA ... it was quite nice,but then you just get bored.The only thing you do there is Hyper jump,ore collection... fighting is not tactical ,wich means: higher level=win is guaranteed ... But in GFX terms and the vastness of the game ,its something i almost cried about when i thought how nice would it be with a SP campaign. I missed the cockpits there aswel (they could make something EARTH&BEYOND had: cool cockpits )

Comment

Working...
                            X