X3 - Reunion, any X2 Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X3 - Reunion, any X2 Fans?

So anyways, off topic a bit, anyone here play X2 - The Threat and have pre-ordered X3 - Reunion?

I Pre-Ordered a while back, eagerly waiting its' arrival. Counting the days :P Already was released in the UK I believe, or is at least shipping now, mine will ship on the 3rd of next month Nov. 3, Origionally had pre-ordered the CD-Rom version (before DVD version was even avail). They plan on releasing it on 7 CD-Roms and then of course a DVD Version, which for a while was hard to find here in the US (almost ordered from a UK site just to get a DVD Version. But finally, ebgames.com have gotten DVD Copies, so I had to cancel my old order and get the new one With a "free" T-Shirt lol, I have a closet full of these free T-Shirts from games, Guild Wars, ect.. lol Kinda like shopping for clothes and games at the same time.

Will be anxious to see if I am able to backup and play X3 from a image. Anyhow, anyone seen any ingame footage of it? Besides trailers,

Well, if there are any peeps here who are awaiting the game, post here Anyhow, if you have not seen the game, nor heard of it, its a great game, does not have multiplayer, (at least X2 didnt) but IMHO it puts Freelancer to shame and the next one (X3) will have tons of extra goodies in store.

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x3/info_en.php
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

I'm waiting for X3 too... and I dunno when I'll get it.

UK version is already out now... but the French one'll be out bitween 18 of Nov (according amazon.fr) and march 06 (according clubic)... And there's no way to buy the english version in france.
    I wonder why...

(on a side note it's my 100's post )
    Carpe diem

Comment

ya, US copies were delayed by Customs, who knows why, guess the nuclear items hidden in the cd's are causing problems // end sarcasm

Well, They have started importing UK DVD versions to US stores due to the customs thing, so not sure if I will be getting a US copy or UK copy, not that it matters to me, but I would like to know what protection the US version is using, already know UK is using Starforce. US and UK / other language versions where published by different companies, DeepSilver ect.., but im guessing US copies will also have StarForce, Egosoft/Enlight seem to favor it on all their games.

Comment

Aye... but they released a patch for the 1.4 version of X2 where the protection was gone... maybe they'll put it off when possible?

besides, it seems they have problems with the French version... I really dunno why there might be a so big delay...
        Carpe diem

Comment

no clue , but yeah, they probably will offer a nocd for customers later on, and from the looks of things, this game will have quite a few patches before that ever happens. Already working on 1.3, hopefully to optimize performance and fix some various bugs that have been found, 1.2 was just to fix bugs they found after it was published, who knows, just want to play already lol :P

Comment

I haven't actually player either X2 or X3 but I'm a fan of the genre and I've just finished playing Freelancer (a good game) and I have borrowed X2 so I can try that and figure out if I should buy X3.

But I must say that from the previews I've read and the screenshots I've seen , it's looking great !

Comment

X2 is far bigger than freelancer... and much more trade oriented... In X2 you can really build an empire
              Carpe diem

Comment

Never played X2, but liked freelancer and nexus. from the screens released looks better than both... Very Excited for it!

Comment

hehehe, yup, even without multiplayer X2 IMO puts Freelancer to shame

And the gfx of X3 are unbelievable.

Make sure you have a system with at least a FX 5xxx or higher however, and a monitor that can do 1024x768+ resolution,

Minimum resolution on X3 is 1024x768, no more 800x600 ect..

X2 will be fine below 1024x768 though.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dllfile
                    Make sure you have a system with at least a FX 5xxx or higher however, and a monitor that can do 1024x768+ resolution,

Minimum resolution on X3 is 1024x768, no more 800x600 ect..
                    I'm pretty sure my AllInWonder x800 and AMD x64 3500+ will do the trick... ;-)

Comment

I'm the opposite of you guys, i played freelancer and loved it for its quick style of gameplay then heard about x2. went out and purchased it and was completely disapointed with it.. i dont remember why but from memory i think compared to freelancer its alot more indepth and just wasnt what i was after. Freelancer is more one ship against the world kinda thing loved it compared to the whole take time/build a fleet thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by kingdazy
                        I'm pretty sure my AllInWonder x800 and AMD x64 3500+ will do the trick... ;-)
                        Aye, got SLI nVidia's myself with AMD Athlon x64 x2 4200 Dual Core, looking forward to playing X3 with it, not really played any games with this system yet, well, besides F.E.A.R. bout it atm.

Originally Posted by Yoshio
                        I'm the opposite of you guys, i played freelancer and loved it for its quick style of gameplay then heard about x2. went out and purchased it and was completely disapointed with it.. i dont remember why but from memory i think compared to freelancer its alot more indepth and just wasnt what i was after. Freelancer is more one ship against the world kinda thing loved it compared to the whole take time/build a fleet thing.
                        Yup, 2 different playing syles, I like Freelancer, just IMO feel X2/X3 are better, I like a in depth game, just like FL you can mod X2/X3 to your hearts content to make things better.

And X3, the AI has been revamped, the fighting is not longer "easy" like it was in X2, so it should be a much more enjoyable game since it will put you "in the game" with combat.

Comment

X3 gameplay should be completly different to X2 due to its new flight physics model. X2 had no inertia in the flight model... You were always flying the way you were looking at. Even freelancer had no such fubar stuff.

As to the starforce - yeah it sux3... But dt4 is almost released!!! The team is just having revenge on us for crap postings delayin the release, but that's ok... I knew it would be this way anyway.

As to the official no-cd... Probably not until the sales drop.
                          Unofficial no-cd will have some downsides like x2 did : it slowly degraded your ranks. X2 checked md5 hashes and detected you were using no-cd. So do NOT use no-cds with x3!!!!

Well. Waiting for official release in russia to get my official copy for just 3-4$ with cd-key for the website (prices are low to fight piracy here). But still I am going to play the english version since i hate localassed versions. LOL

Abd yes, i played all the x2 (i own the legimate russian copy + english version i play), tried tons of custom scripts and even wrote some myself
                          Last edited by durik; 30.10.2005, 12:14.

Comment

cool , I have a few script and such on some of the community sites, one was well known for a while, such as simple cheat script, but worked lol, X2BankRobber

Speaking of Freelancer, for that other guy, you play any of theTNG Mod?

Comment

Has anyone got the UK version of X3 ? Can't wait to get it in my hands . I will surely buy the game, but starforce really s*cks. Hopefully we will get Daemon v4 to ease the pain .

Comment

Working...
                              X