Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for isobuster CUE format

Hi,
    it would be nice to add support for new directives in isobuster CUE files like SESSION directive.
    currently there is no way to mount multisession images that dumped by isobuster.

Regards

CUE/BIN format

Is there some sort of formal specification or documentation for the CUE/BIN format, or just the CUE format?

Why is ISOBuster doing this? Is it a custom modification to the format?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

CUE format

isobuster creates a standard CUE file for every image that it dumps. isobuster adds some extra directives to the CUE file when it dumps multisession disks, Here is an example of CUE file contents that created for a multisession disk with 2 sessions :

FILE "CD.bin" BINARY

REM ORIGINAL MEDIA-TYPE: CD

REM SESSION 01 ; Not supported by other applications (*)
      TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
      INDEX 01 00:00:00
      REM MSF: 00:00:00 = LBA: 0
      TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
      INDEX 00 00:04:00
      REM MSF: 00:04:00 = LBA: 300
      INDEX 01 00:06:02
      REM MSF: 00:06:02 = LBA: 300

REM RUN-OUT 00:10:02 ; Not supported by other applications (*)
      REM LEAD-OUT 00:10:04 ; Not supported by other applications (*)
      REM SESSION 02 ; Not supported by other applications (*)
      TRACK 03 MODE1/2352
      INDEX 01 02:42:04
      REM MSF: 02:42:04 = LBA: 12154

REM (*) SESSION directives are unfortunately not properly supported
      REM 'out there'. IsoBuster however supports them !

Comment

IOW, yeah, ISOBuster *IS* creating a custom modification of the format. I wonder if it is to make the .CUEs proprietary, or if it actually contains legitimate info that other programs do not actually find?

Oh, and Happy Helloween all!!!
        http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

what i remember, word REM was used in a *.bat for marking comments/notes of author....REM=REMARK and what is behind this word is only information for isobuster. So u can delete these lines. But its only my opinion.

Comment

ISOBuster puts REM to keep its *.CUE files compatible with other applications but ISOBuster use the keywords behind REMs.
            other applications like DT already can use ISOBuster *.CUE files but ignore the words behind REM and just can see tracks contained in the coresponding image nor sessions, ISOBuster can see and use sessions also (with the help of these new directives) .

Comment

Maybe someone can write a plugin for that functionality after DT Pro came out. In my opinion it would make more sense to solve this "problem" via plugin since Isobuster doesnt stick 100% to the specifications (with this behaviour) and therefore everyone could decide for himself if he wants to add support for cue multisessions or not.
              In der Informatik geht es genau so wenig um Computer, wie in der Astronomie um Teleskope. - Dijkstra

Comment

And it would also allow for end users to *test* these multi-session discs to see if the REM'd out statements are pertinent to using the image in a normal way or not in the first place.

After all, if it is *pure* information only for ISO buster and affects in no way the functionality of the image, then having said plugin would be beneficial to very few people, other than purists.

sigpic

Comment

johngalt, that information does affect the image. It reminds me of .CCD format.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

See, I didn't want to make the correlation, but in the back of my mind was the idea of such an image - like the 4 separate files associated with CCD.

I wasn't sure, as I don't use ISObuster anymore, and never created an image via it in the first place. I have Nero and ISORecorder - and that is enough for me.

EDIT: Added the following
                    Spell checked

sigpic

Comment

ISOBuster

I used to use ISOBuster to play import VCD's back in '98. In Taiwan (where my discs were from) I guess VCD hardware players were common, but I didn't have one. So I used it to rip/convert to MPEG.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                        So I used it to rip/convert to MPEG.
                        Actually, all you needed to do with VCDs, is copy the big *.DAT file, rename it to *.mpg, and that's about it. It even worked!
                        To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I did that. MPEG codecs from 7 years ago probably couldn't handle the file. But no way to know for sure now.

p.s. you know an unconverted .DAT is a few MB larger than a converted MPEG right?
                          Last edited by Underheaven; 01.11.2005, 03:16.
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

ISOBuster itself is not important; the important thing here is it's *.CUE format.
                            think of *.CUE file that can address multisession images.
                            for example it's simple format allows to create custom MultiTrack MultiSession images with ease, for studing perposes,etc.

Comment

ISOBuster CUE files

Sorry for getting off topic. Yes... back to ISOBuster CUE files.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                              X