No announcement yet.

PC I'm building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated above, I would also recommend the Geforce 6600GT.
    Especially for games like GTA:SA and other new (and future) games.

Comment

I plan on running GTASA 640x480 medium or low. I heard GeForce4 MX44 ran gta just fine. If i get the money, then I'll upgrade.

Comment

I dont think people are taking into account the difference the athlon64 makes. Previously i had a 2800xp with my 6800GT and found it was lacking a lil bit of performance, ive now got a 350064 and the performance difference is nothing short of stunning, especialy if they bring out a 64bit patch for the game (as theyve done with some, makes a HUGE difference) let alone coding the game/app from scratch for 64bit.

So i really doubt you will have a problem running any game currently out, later on you may need to drop some settings and theres always oc

Comment

Originally Posted by Torrent
          I plan on running GTASA 640x480 medium or low. I heard GeForce4 MX44 ran gta just fine. If i get the money, then I'll upgrade.
          Now, I don't know your present configuration, but I run it on LOW and 1024x768 or something like that and runs perfectly, but on Medium it doesn't run that good.
          It's my way or... ahhh hell, it's my way.

Comment

the funny thing is, some people think that 'if u have a good CPU, then you have a good PC' but there is much more to a good PC! for instance: your graphics card and it's memory and chipset, the memory in the PC and VERY important is the cooling, for if you have a bad cooler and a great PC, then the performance really hits rock-bottom and can even severely damage the PC!

I just wanted to say that because I am bored and sleepy but not wanting to go to bed
            A women is like a hurricane, it start wet and heavy and when it's over you've lost your house

Comment

Cooler makes very little difference with the amd 64's simply because the stock does a great job of cooling.

Your subsystems are always important though, start with a rock solid motherboard and theres not much you can do wrong as you can easily upgrade gfx card/memory later but kinda hard to upgrade your sata controller unless of course you use a pci-sata controller lol.

Comment

Working...
              X