This is pretty off-topic but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Xristaki
    well here in the U.S the only place I could find imported feta is from a traditional greek supermarket. here in Chicago theres a lot of them due to the high population of greeks living here so others might not be as lucky.
    Heh figures, I live in New York. So that wouldnt help me... What I was looking for was a pratiular brand that is imported, that you feel represents feta best.

Comment

not sure about the brand to tell you the truth, I usually just walk in and tell the guy behind the counter I want so and so much imported feta. He cuts it on the spot and packages it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Xristaki
        not sure about the brand to tell you the truth, I usually just walk in and tell the guy behind the counter I want so and so much imported feta. He cuts it on the spot and packages it.
        Darn, Now I will never know, till next week when I think I'm traveling to Chicago or to penstate dont remeber, Im not driving So I dont care... Ill have to look for a greek place.. I dont know of any but thats probably because I have never looked....

Comment

Originally Posted by Hakira
          Yes, Yes, it is what tak delivers every morning in the AE86.
          Now if I only knew how to get tofu in greece... I'm dying to try it out.

(And, by the way, Initial D had me hooked for a whole week before the TV, as I watched the first 4 stages all at once! Best series I know of, right after Berserk and One Piece.)
          To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Ok, has anyone else heard of this cheesy 'mud' sauce johngalt posted about?

Is it hot like fondue? I wonder if you could have a liquidy cheese at room temperature.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
              Now if I only knew how to get tofu in greece... I'm dying to try it out.

(And, by the way, Initial D had me hooked for a whole week before the TV, as I watched the first 4 stages all at once! Best series I know of, right after Berserk and One Piece.)
              Yes, Initial D is one of my favs!

Originally Posted by JoelEllison
              Ok, has anyone else heard of this cheesy 'mud' sauce johngalt posted about?

Is it hot like fondue? I wonder if you could have a liquidy cheese at room temperature.
              There is a cheese that is viscous at room tempature, its called Nacho Cheese!

Comment

Hmm,weird topic anyway

But one suggestion regarding cheese...
                Dont put on spaggeti parmesan cheese that is packeted.Buy the real thing.
                If anyone here knows about GRANA PADANO or PARMESAN (PARMIGGIANO REGGIANO), must try the cheese that is considered Slovenian -- > ZBRINC .It has the same taste as the cheese i mentioned before,but its less "picante" and more sweet. Its verry nice.
                Also you MUST try TOLMIN Cheese (Tolminian or Tolmin Cheese or Cheese from Tolmin,Slovenia).
                I am not such a fan of cheeses - only the ones that are GOOD (for me that is...).
                I saw spagetti made of CHEESE ... made of stuff like jelly-beans (you know...like soft candies) in shape of spagetti Never tried it though... But anyway,the word itself CHEESE is verry ugly itself It makes you feel the CH in EESE ... you know,crap and stuf... (do i make any sense?!)

What's Cheetoes ?!

I hate my pants and made them a punishment they wont forget:I've beaten them in the place where the balls are ... (...not really )

Comment

I like cheese on:
                  bread
                  spaghetti
                  macaroni
                  pizza
                  euhm...
                  and I like molten cheese

srry no more cheesie idea's from me......

Comment

Working...
                  X