Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Sorteerik
    This Works for me:

All you have to do is deny the account logged in read acces to 3 strings in registry

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\D-Tools

3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2 (scsi port number may vary)
    I tried this and now, i don't know why, after deny the scsi port, there is only scsi port 2, 3. Before there was scsi port 0,1,2,3.
    I've made a backup of the scsi string (key) but i couldn't import it or delete the scsi string in the registry with regedit.exe
    How i could delete the damaged (undeletebal) and then import the backup?
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
      I tried this and now, i don't know why, after deny the scsi port, there is only scsi port 2, 3. Before there was scsi port 0,1,2,3.
      I've made a backup of the scsi string (key) but i couldn't import it or delete the scsi string in the registry with regedit.exe
      How i could delete the damaged (undeletebal) and then import the backup?

as far as i understand, u denied the scsi1 tree via regedit permission settings
      did u set them back to normal??

Comment

Got it!

I have the solution for you guys, thanks to the guy who posted these keys!

1) Create a new user with restricted rights and create a password (necessary!)

2) Open regedit.exe

3) Rightclick on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\D-Tools
        and change the permissions like this:

In the upper part of the window, add your new user, leftclick
        him and deny his permissions completely in the lower part of the window (click the boxes to the right!).

4) The same goes for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2 (scsi port number may vary)

5) In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices I only denied "Full access" (or similar, I've got a non-english XP). I'm not sure if any other combination could work, but it worked for me.

In DT, I have all emulation options activated, no SR7.Stop, Anti-Blaxx or similar is running. If you have Alcohol 120%, try these permission tricks above with it, too. I don't have Alcohol, so I couldn't check that.

Then I rightclicked the FEAR icon on my desktop and chose "Run as..." I typed in the new user name and its password and... voilа!

That's the combination that worked for me, FEAR started almost instantly! Good Luck, guys!

Comment

permissions?

have you already set the permissions back to default??

Comment

Just an idea: try a system restore(if you have it enabled in WinXP) or hitting F8 at bootup then choosing last known good configuration

Other than that I've no clue how to force a registry import.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have two registry files that I have set for DaemonScript
              I edited the registry files to change the permissions of the regs
              by running the program from daemonscript and using /s <registry file name> in the perimiters so that it will not show anything... then i have the start inside of the folder the registry keys are in.
              then i do the rest like normal and when the game closes it runs the other registry on /s

if denying permissions to D-tools works...then....hurray

Comment

FEAR 1.02 + maxi image?

I already know that running FEAR v1.02 with SR7Stop wont' work. But has anyone tried to run FEAR v1.02 with the maxi mini-image mounted?
                WinXP Pro SP2, Abit IS7 865PE, P4 2.8E@3.4ghz, 1GB DDR400, 6800GT@Ultra-flashed, 420/1100

Comment

Sorry, forgot to tell in addidition to the Registry permissions, you need to set the "StartGame.exe" to run in Windows 2000 Compatability mode.

Comment

opti.....reread the first post

Comment

possible fix.

After loading the most current version of DT and sr7.stop i still couldn't get it to load, getting the same error as posted here. so after testing this and that i decided to try to run it in compatability mode 98, and that got the game to come up perfect, its something you can try for the latest version, it has a good possibility of working, if it does please let me know so i can patch FEAR as well. just dont want to patch yet as i havent gotten a chance to play. figured i would post this before i started fraging, so GL and hope it works.

Comment

possible fix

This worked against the old version when i was getting emulator detected while running alcohol, DT, and sr7.stop. i went into the program file and put it in 98 compatability mode, and the game came right up, no other issues with game(like graphics etc) everything runs fine. something to try that doesnt require reg hacking or waiting for a new version of a program to come out.

Comment

I have a solution that works (for me, found on dede1 board)

1. Create a new account/user (not administrator) in windows with password, for example called FEAR
                          2. Deny the acces to following registry keys (not only read acces, deny full acces)
                          3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SCSI\ and then the scsi port which is from dt or also a second from alcohl for example scsi port 2 and scsi port 3
                          4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\D-TOOLS
                          5. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MOUNTEDDEVICE
                          6. and if exist
                            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MOUNTEDDEVICE1
                          7. Now mount the FEAR image with dt as administrator. Click right on the FEAR desktop icon and choose "Execute/Run as" (in german "Ausf&#252;hren als") now choose the created account/user (FEAR) and put in the password and press OK.
                          8. Play
                          Last edited by AnalCobra; 05.11.2005, 18:22.

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                            I have a solution that works (for me, found on dede1 board)

1. Create a new account/user (not administrator) in windows with password, for example called FEAR
                            2. Deny the acces to following registry keys (not only read acces, deny full acces)
                            3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SCSI\ and then the scsi port which is from dt or also a second from alcohl for example scsi port 2 and scsi port 3
                            4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\D-TOOLS
                            5. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MOUNTEDDEVICE
                            6. and if exist
                              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MOUNTEDDEVICE1
                            7. Now mount the FEAR image with dt as administrator. Click right on the FEAR desktop icon and choose "Execute as" (in german "Ausf&#252;hren als") now choose the created account/user (FEAR) and put in the password and press OK.
                            8. Play

"Ausfuhren als" is meant to be run as... isn't it?

well and btw IT WORX 4 ME!!
                            Code:
                            :DDDDDDDDDDD

Comment

"Ausfuhren als" is meant to be run as... isn't it?
                              Yeah, thanks for the info. I don't know what's for this in the english windows version i've updated my post.

Comment

Hmmm
                                Doesn't seem to work for me....
                                Required security module can not be activated.
                                and I have tried it with Windows 2000 compatibility mode too

Comment

Working...
                                X