no no no not 00 but 98

i think that it'll work then...

Comment

Yes i have the same bug

Comment

Originally Posted by SoD519
        Hmmm
        Doesn't seem to work for me....
        Required security module can not be activated.
        and I have tried it with Windows 2000 compatibility mode too Yesterday 18:24
        It's important that the new user you create in windows has no administrator rights!
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

What was important for me was to create the new user in the "Hauptbenutzer"-group (I've got a German Windows; not sure what's the name for it in the English version - it's the user group with extended rights like installing software) - otherwise I wasn't able to save the game).

After denying access to those registry keys mentioned before for only this user group and setting compatibility mode to W2k, it's working perfectly well for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by t-light
            What was important for me was to create the new user in the "Hauptbenutzer"-group (I've got a German Windows; not sure what's the name for it in the English version - it's the user group with extended rights like installing software) - otherwise I wasn't able to save the game).
            Try making the game's installation directory writable by all users. Just right-click on it, bring up the properties, and go the second tab. Enable the two checkboxes at the bottom (one of them says something about other users being able to modify the directory's contents).
            To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

OK, I already posted this on the german forums, but could somebody please explain, how to deny full access to the d-tools and the devicemounted key. For SCSI no problem just hit right mouse and klick permissions (I guess that it is called this way in english windows versions "berechtigungen" in germen) than choose the user you created for FEAR and deny him full access.
              But when right clicking D-Tools or devicemounted, the Created user does not appers. The Users I can deny access for are the following:

Administrators
              User (Benutzer in German)
              Creator-Owner (Ersteller-Besitzer in german)
              Mainuser (Hauptbenutzer in german)
              SYSTEM

Now obviously there exist no user called "restirced access" (EINGESCHRÄNKTER ZUGRIFF in german). So which one of those quoted above is it I have to deactivate?

Greetz
              Ganzir

Comment

I'm one of the unfortunate souls that bought the CD version, and get the can't authenticate CD bug that so many users are getting.

Does the DVD version, when using Alcohol 120% and Daemon solve this?

Right now I can't play it at all with 1.02, and with 1.01 I had a constant crashing in one spot problem. This game is full of bugs.

Comment

Originally Posted by tr1nity
                  Does the DVD version, when using Alcohol 120% and Daemon solve this?
                  1.02 with DVD runs OK here, from original, backup and image. No problems so far.
                  To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Deny the acces to following registry keys (not only read acces, deny full acces)

Where can I do this in Windows?
                    I'm currently logged in as Admin.

Comment

You've to click on Start->Run there you must enter regedit
                      There you choose the in post #27 described keys and click- right on these. Then you click on warranty/permissions/authorisations (<- i'm german, in german it's "Berechtigungen").
                      There you have to click on add, if the user you created (FEAR) isn't displayed. In this dialog you put in the name of the created user (FEAR) and click check name or somethinglike this and then on OK. Now the created user must be displayed(FEAR).
                      Click once on the created user and click on deny full access.
                      Now click on OK.
                      This you've to do with all keys which are written in post #27.

Comment

WARNING: On differents WXP languages the "administrators" value changes:
                        Fr: administrateurs
                        It: amministratori
                        De: administratoren

On English Installations of WXP use this:

Code:
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" /deny=administrators=r
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 0" /deny=administrators=r
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1" /deny=administrators=r
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2" /deny=administrators=r
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 3" /deny=administrators=r
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 4" /deny=administrators=r
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 5" /deny=administrators=r
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 6" /deny=administrators=r
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 7" /deny=administrators=r
                        Run the game again.

BACKUP THE REGISTRY first, or restore it with this:

Code:
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" /grant=administrators=f
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 0" /grant=administrators=f
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1" /grant=administrators=f
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2" /grant=administrators=f
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 3" /grant=administrators=f
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 4" /grant=administrators=f
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 5" /grant=administrators=f
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 6" /grant=administrators=f
                        "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 7" /grant=administrators=f
                        should work

Comment

you should try anti-blah !

I use anti-blah to play with the 1.02 updated fear and it works. For sure, you must have the fixed mini image F.E.A.R. v1.02 Director's Cut mounted with DT (DT v4 for me) and set your exe to win2000 compatibility mode.
                          Anti-blah purpose 2 files for every languages...choose yours.
                          the "on" file changes your registry keys as listed in this post but here you don't have to open regedit and change anything by hand ! it does it for you !
                          When you have finished to play, just launch the "off" file to restore the keys as they was before the trick.
                          Good luck, i'll install the publictools sdk and i hope this trick will work with it also !
                          DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

Originally Posted by rip_pit
                            I use anti-blah to play with the 1.02 updated fear and it works. For sure, you must have the fixed mini image F.E.A.R. v1.02 Director's Cut mounted with DT (DT v4 for me) and set your exe to win2000 compatibility mode.
                            Anti-blah purpose 2 files for every languages...choose yours.
                            the "on" file changes your registry keys as listed in this post but here you don't have to open regedit and change anything by hand ! it does it for you !
                            When you have finished to play, just launch the "off" file to restore the keys as they was before the trick.
                            Good luck, i'll install the publictools sdk and i hope this trick will work with it also !
                            AntiBlah does actually the same which genarg has post.
                            But AbtiBlah has put it into a bat file with commands.

Comment

yeah sure

Sure it does the same but in a quickiest way...so i prefer
                              DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

F.E.A.R Copy with secRom7 does not work

Hi all,
                                I tried very hard to get my backup of F.E.A.R running, but it seems the protection is more than good. I used DT 4.0 in combination with SFN and with SR7Stop 1.2. None of them are working. I disabled my IDE DVD Drive and my Burner manually in my system (i cant disable the controller because of the harddisk
                                Nothing works. Any ideas or is there somebody who was succesfull with FEAR ? ?
                                Thanks
                                Michael

ok, just tried antiblah. does not work also By the way i am running version 1.0 unpatched. Please help ....
                                Last edited by Mike370; 18.12.2005, 14:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X