FEAR 1.02 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEAR 1.02 patch

Seems that the new FEAR patch found a way to disable my securom maxi/mini image....
    If you deny permission you get an "cannot load security module" error
    If you change the SCSI port x name you still get emulator detected
    None of the softwares that block seem to work either...

Does SR7Stop still work?
    WinXP Pro SP2, Abit IS7 865PE, P4 2.8E@3.4ghz, 1GB DDR400, 6800GT@Ultra-flashed, 420/1100

Comment

How about SR7stop?

Does that program will work with the mdf/mds mounted in the A120% virtual drive?
      WinXP Pro SP2, Abit IS7 865PE, P4 2.8E@3.4ghz, 1GB DDR400, 6800GT@Ultra-flashed, 420/1100

Comment

F.E.A.R. v1.02 still has the same version of SecuROM (7.00.00.0149) as the versions prior to v1.02, the only thing that's changed in the version number is the last 4 digits which only represent the 'order ID' if you will. They included a new blacklist, but with Daemon Tools v4 you'll still be able to play it.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Or try using Anti-Blaxx 1.16+modified exe or actually AB 1.18.
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Hello,

I could play F.E.A.R. using a self-made complete image until version 1.01 (included). For taht, I was just mounting my image with DT 3.47 and hiding it with sr7stop.
            Now that I patched to 1.02, it doesn't work anymore either.

Except for Starforce, I was always able to find a way to play with backup images (just to point out that I have quite a good experience about the subject, hencefailure is not due to a "noob" mistake... I think :-) ).

Here, I tried anti-blaxx (1.18), sr7stop, virtual-cd-hide, and none of them works for that version. So, same problem as the author of the thread here.

Just wanted to confirm that issue with patch 1.02.

Comment

Yeah, you are all right. It really doesn't work.
              I've d-loaded the patchnow and tried it.
              If you try it with sr7stop or anti-blaxx the security module error.
              If you tray it with sd4hider it goes uo a little bit and then there appears the emulator detected error, very strange!

Comment

I know how you feel, the Securom 7 thats in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Wild Expansion does the same thing also. F.E.A.R without the patch works perfectly though so I have a feeling even though both Securom protections have the same release number its been modified and improved with the RCT3 Expansion and the F.E.A.R update.

Comment

I made a scan of the directory with 1.02 installed:
                  [21:16:20] SecuROM 7.00.00.0149 detected -> C:\Programme\Sierra\FEAR\FEAR.exe

Our Database says it's SecuROM 7.00.00.0128 on v1.xx
                  The copybase Database says it's SecuROM 7.00.00.0107 on v1.00!
                  So it's a newer/different Version with Patch 1.02
                  Last edited by AnalCobra; 01.11.2005, 21:28.

Comment

thanks for the info Analcobra. Guess were gonna have to wait for DT4 Pro to get around this issue. I'm the biggest Rollercoaster Tycoon freak and treat the cd's like diamonds so I'm always afraid to use the original.

Comment

There are rumors that people have successfully got Fear 1.02 to work with a few registry changes. Now I'm not sure exactly what these changes are but I do know they relate to changing some admin functions into normal user functions. I figure why not try it without admin privlidges and tell me if it works.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                        ....but with Daemon Tools v4 you'll still be able to play it.
                        yes indeed, alas we have no dt4, you DO!!!

ps: would i offend anyone if i suggested that maybe sony et al paid the daemon team to delay their infamous product ?

Comment

This Works for me:

All you have to do is deny the account logged in read acces to 3 strings in registry

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\D-Tools

3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2 (scsi port number may vary)

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
                            ps: would i offend anyone if i suggested that maybe sony et al paid the daemon team to delay their infamous product ?
                            Do you actually believe in what you are saying?
                            Last edited by Methadon; 03.11.2005, 14:35.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
                              yes indeed, alas we have no dt4, you DO!!!

All I was trying to say is that it's nothing special that makes FEAR 1.02 not work with DT anymore. It's just another blacklist that will soon be fixed and that won't block DTv4.

I'll not comment on your post scriptum, and you won't mention it again. In return, I won't remember Copytrooper's latest announcement and not ban you for the next 14 days.
                              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                              X