Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: How much do you love SONY?

You know, I don't get it. Companies earn millions and millions dollars and yet they are still making products that have a protection that is annoying and, as said above, the products install drivers, that you don't know about until a warning window tells you, that there is something wrong. It has happened to me and it's annoying.

And the moviestars and singers! I mean, we have all seen how they live - from MTV's "Cribs", from VH1's "The fabulous life of..." and such. Now, tell me, that they are poor and that they don't make much! And still, the studios complain about MP3s and mobile phones that you can play MP3s on them. The music industries make about 5 billion $ a year, as far as I heard. So I listen music on my sell phone, so what? I should carry my original CD's everywhere I go or I could gather some songs that I like and listen to them?

And the hardware manufactures. Now, they can't complain but, from I read above, they are thinking more and more ways of preventing people from playing illigal game CDs. Well, you know what I mean . Ok, that is good, but when the quallity of those products(lasers and such) is poor, they may consider increasing the quallity and then other things.

That's why I love PCs. You can change parts and you don't need to take your PC to be repaird, you can repair it yourself and yon don't have to buy a new one, if something happens. You need to change the part and even, you could buy a better one .

Sorry, but i'm very sleepy so I may have writen something stupid .
    It's my way or... ahhh hell, it's my way.

I wonder since when Sony started with this stuff. Is my Sony OpenMG Jukebox (a DRM forced recording software for a minidisc-player) a giant coffin without a closed lid? The "open"-part of the software's name becomes quite suspicious now.
    The Boardzombie's website.

Experienced User

Sony BMG has released a patch know that removes the cloaking technology component, according to Sony BMG.
    http://cp.sonybmg.com/xcp/english/updates.html
    Last edited by Methadon : 03.11.2005 at 12:49

Default ...

It's ashame that I'm forced to use OpenMG Jukebox just to put songs on my portable MP3 player. The MP3 to ATRAC conversion is a waste of time and disk space. Not to mention the inability to playback music in any other software such as Winamp.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Quote Originally Posted by Underheaven
    It's ashame that I'm forced to use OpenMG Jukebox just to put songs on my portable MP3 player.
    That's still o.k. in comparison with the other direction. Unfortunately, you can only copy music tracks from a MD-player to the PC when these tracks were uploaded by a) OpenMG Jukebox and b) by the very same PC. Ridiculously, I can't record something with a microphone and my MD-player and copy it digitally on the PC - instead I've to use the analog line-in of the soundcard. That's pretty annoying, especially when you know that the tracks can easily be copied much faster than realtime... But hey, Sony owns the patent for the MD.
    The Boardzombie's website.

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Methadon
    Sony BMG has released a patch know that removes the cloaking technology component, according to Sony BMG.
    http://cp.sonybmg.com/xcp/english/updates.html
    hmm, I dont trust this from sony, I think its just another way to update the rootkit on the system.

Quote Originally Posted by SONY
    This component is not malicious and does not compromise security.
    Umm ya, doent compromise security by hiding files and potentaly cripling drives.... Its like saying hey mister n00b you dont need to worry about a thing it doesnt compromise security, It only helps hackers place malisus code on your system without you haveing a clue about it... Im just waiting for when a new virus hides itself under the sony bmg rootkit...

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Hakira
    hmm, I dont trust this from sony, I think its just another way to update the rootkit on the system.
    No, I don't trust it either, the patch does probably just hide it deeper.

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Methadon
    No, I don't trust it either, the patch does probably just hide it deeper.
    Thats probably what it does... although if it does that someone will report it and then they will get threats of being sued again... because they said it would uninstall it but all it did was embed it deeper into the system...

Cool

I like Sony for the Gran Turismo games. For automobile driving simulation, seems to be the most realistic of driving games.

I can emulate Gran Turismo 2 on my PC with ePSXe and I enjoy it with the abilities that modern video cards have.

It looks better than on a real PlayStation 1 with a normal television set when using anisotropic filtering!!!!

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by RJARRRPCGP
    I like Sony for the Gran Turismo games. For automobile driving simulation, seems to be the most realistic of driving games.

I can emulate Gran Turismo 2 on my PC with ePSXe and I enjoy it with the abilities that modern video cards have.

It looks better than on a real PlayStation 1 with a normal television set when using anisotropic filtering!!!!
    thats nice.. I used bleem to play it on the dreamcast... it was fun but a pain in the ass to control... on my pc it was even worse because I dont have a desent gamepad..

oh and thats not exactly what we are talking about in here...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast