X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, so here's my deal:

so far i've burned the image onto a disk, didnt work
    mounted the image with both daemon and alcohol, didnt work
    when i hid my virtual drives with virtual cd hide, the game gave me the security error:
    "A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed."
    so when that alone didnt work, i tried the .bat code for the scsi number of the virtual drive and for all the virtual drives. first of all, neither of the codes worked. i dont know why exactly, but after i tried to run them, it gave me a list of things that subinacl could do, but thats it. i replaced the paths in the code with the ones that are right for my comp, but it still didnt do anything.

so then i went and manually denied access through registry. now that was all good and dandy until i tried to rename the virtual drive with daemon... then things went bad... a few seconds after i changed the devices name, i got the infamous blue screen. from then on, i couldnt open daemon without getting a blue screen, so i had to uninstall daemon and undeny access for my drives.

apparently i did something wrong, but i dont know where. i gues right now i'm wondering how do you change the name of a virtual drive, and has anyone actually gotten the game to work using these methods? also, does anyone know what i did wrong with my .bat code or why it didnt work?

thanks in advance, all!

Comment

actually if you set dtools tp RMPS mode it seems to work fine ??? Don't know why though

Comment

The issue here is RTFM.

When playing from a backup disc that contains DPM data, you need RMPS enabled, either in DTools, or in Alcohol's emulation options. This is not the case when playing from an image. Unfortunately, a DVD that needs RMPS emulation enabled doesn't have the "NEEDS EMULATION" label when RMPS is disabled, so many people forget to enable it.

Important: RMPS should be enabled BEFORE inserting the disc in the drive. If it is enabled while the disc is still in the drive, it has no effect until the disc is ejected and re-inserted.
        To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Well, so far I pretty mcuh read every post on this forum and am still confused on how I can get Starwars Battlefront II to run without a disc. My kid got ahold of a few of my CD's and they are totaled now so I have no idea if I have to rebuy the game or make it work withouta disc. So far I see that you have to have a disc burner to do this, but what if I do not have one? Is there still away to get through this? So does this mean I have to rebuy Battlefront 2 or can I get it working with Alc 120%?

Comment

If you don't already have a working image of the scratched CDs, you'll have to get new ones - you obviously cannot create images of CDs your drive cannot read because they're scratched.

Try contacting the publisher's support, you may be able to get a new CD from them for a fee. It might be pretty expensive, but still less so than buying the whole game again.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
              you may be able to get a new CD from them for a fee. It might be pretty expensive, but still less so than buying the whole game again.
              I wouldn't bet on that. Sometimes the total costs are higher than just buying the game again. Of course it depends on what the game costs in the first place.
              To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Novecento
                use SR7.Stop mate (www.makeabakup.com , Downloads section)
                Bad link!!! The domain name appears to have expired.

Comment

It was supposed to be "hxxp://www.makeabackup.com", (change the hxxp to http), but as far as I know SR7.Stop doesn't work with DTv4 anyway.
                  "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

when mounting the image with deamon tools, and using SR7.Stop_1.0.exe, i get "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original "BattlefrontII" disc
                    in drive F:." everyhting else i try, .bat, blah, virtual cd hide, all give me the "A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed." what else can i do? is there any one method that for sure works?

Comment

Hi@ll,

i tested sr7.stop with the error that i have emulation software on my computer, then i tried virtualcdhide and i got the error that the security modul cannot be loaded. now my question is if securom7 can detect other programs on ur harddrive which is blacklisted like antiblaxx, clonecd/dvd, a-ray scanner or sth else?

Comment

offtopic

Sorry about the offtopic, but is it safe to use sr7stop and DT together? I'm only asking because I've read a lot of complaints about antiblaxx messing up DT or even the system, so I was wondering if sr7stop could cause the same problems ?
                        There is no knowledge that is not power

Comment

SWBF2 prob DESPERATE!!

Ok heres the story, daemon tools can run BF2, but when i try to play a level the game shuts off.
                          any ideas?!!? IM MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by saibot
                            Sorry about the offtopic, but is it safe to use sr7stop and DT together? I'm only asking because I've read a lot of complaints about antiblaxx messing up DT or even the system, so I was wondering if sr7stop could cause the same problems ?
                            I think it's safer to use SR7.Stop than Antiblaxx, never heard that it have messed up the system like antiblaxx.
                            But SR7.Stop doesn't work with DT v4.

Comment

game crash help

ok heres the story.
                              i recently found out that sr7.stop dosnt like daemon tools v 4 for some reason so i download v 3.75 or something like that. so now i load up d-tools, mount the image, and hit hide on sr7.stop, it crashes and i exit out. but still SWBF2 still ran. that is up until the point wwhere i want to load a level and it just shuts down (the game not my pc).
                              any ideas?!? ive tried everything

Comment

To get the game to work without the CD. I did the following.

Downloaded Alcohol 120 from

http://www.download.com/Alcohol-120-...=dl&tag=button

installed that, had to reboot.

put the BFII CD in and ran alcohol 120.

Clicked the link on the top left that says "image making wizard"
                                choose the dvd/cd drive with your game in it.

chose the DTM option and choose HIGH
                                click next choose a location and then burn the image. Then it should ask something about what DTM speed to read at, I choose Maximum.

after it is done, go to your daemon tools(v4) and have securerom and rmps turned on.

mount the newly made image.

DISABLE your other IDE cd/dvd rom drives.
                                (right click my computer choose properties, goto hardware tab, choose device manager, and right click on your cd-rom/dvd rom's that are real and choose disable, and hit ok)

you should be able to play your game now without the cd in the pc.

Let me know if that works for you guys, I dont think I left anything out so hope it works for ya
                                Last edited by Exitilus; 19.11.2005, 12:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X