Star Wars: Battlefront 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Battlefront 2

I seem to be getting problems running a backup of Battlefront 2. It says it uses Securom protection and I've tried enabling the Securom emulation in d-tools and running the program in windows 2000 compatibility mode but the game still refuses to work with the image. It burned and installed fine but the game continues to be stuborn. Anyone have any idea how to get this to work?

use SR7.Stop mate (www.makeabakup.com , Downloads section)

Comment

That'll only work if you have created 'good' images. How did you create them, i.e. which hardware, software/-settings etc did you use?
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Yeah. I too have this game in a mdf from alchohol 120%; thats all i know bout the file. I tried running it with the anti-blaxx and it says the whole "security module can not be activated" thing, running the exe's in 200 compatability mode does absolutely nothing, still the same error.

any help would be appreciated

(SecuROM 7.00.00.0069 ... is this a new version?)

Comment

Right. Its SecuROM 7.00.00.0071 (DVD).
          Make an Image with the dpm option enabled and high precision,
          and not so fast (if there are read errors clean the dvd or enabled ignore read errors).
          Try SR7stop like Novecento already said, or Anti-blaxx but only if sr7stop don't work.:wink:
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Novecento
            use SR7.Stop mate (www.makeabakup.com , Downloads section)
            Novecento I love ya. this fixed the problem right away.

Comment

Originally Posted by zxctypo
              Yeah. I too have this game in a mdf from alchohol 120%; thats all i know bout the file.
              Since when does Alcohol ship with MDFs for Battlefront 2?
              To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
                Since when does Alcohol ship with MDFs for Battlefront 2?
                Think he meant he made the image using Alcohol 120%...
                No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dllfile
                  Think he meant he made the image using Alcohol 120%...
                  If he doesn't know anything about the file then he probably didn't made it either.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
                    If he doesn't know anything about the file then he probably didn't made it either.
                    Since when do you have to know anything about a file type to create one, especially when using a program that does just that? you can purchase Alcohol 120%, not know anything about the file types it uses, makes an image of your CD/DVD and yet, still know nothing about the files it made...
                    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dllfile
                      Since when do you have to know anything about a file type to create one, especially when using a program that does just that? you can purchase Alcohol 120%, not know anything about the file types it uses, makes an image of your CD/DVD and yet, still know nothing about the files it made...
                      I was talking about the file not the filetype.

But he says "thats all i know bout the file", usually you know how you created the image, which profile, speed, etc.

I don't know if he mean if thats all he know about the file or filetype, I probably was abit forward.
                      Of course you don't need to know anything about the filetype to create one.

Comment

I can't get this backup to work I tryed a number of programs to hide deamon tools but it gives me this error "A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed." Maybe bad copy it was done with Alcohol 120% and has a mdf file any other ideas?

Comment

I fixed the game to work through SecuROM at my friend's computer.A little bit of hacking throught the registry base denying read access to Administrator on MountedDevices and Scsi ports...

The thing is when I did at my computers the thing isn't working.

So now I have to punch my beacuse I've wanted to play the game for a very long time

I've heard the new Anti-Blaxx can work around SecuROM

Comment

Originally Posted by RyXXed
                            I've heard the new Anti-Blaxx can work around SecuROM
                            Don't use Antiblaxx, only problems comes with that app.

Comment

i tried it and it doesnt work.

what can i do to make it work (i tried also with scsi ports and MountedDevices)? I am using Daemon Tools v347 and Alchochol 1.9.5.

It worked at my friend's computer and it won't work at mine...

Comment

Working...
                              X