Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Beta - New protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Beta - New protection?

My old war3 worked fine off the image I made with clone cd and with securom emulation however the beta asks for a cd to be inserted. Did they implement a new type of protection? I know its kind of an odd question considering not everyone was able to get the beta but any help would be appriciated.

Yes. Securom has been updated significantly since Warcraft III was released. Warcraft III used securom 4.68xxxx whilst the beta expansion disc, no doubt, uses securom 4.84xxxx which uses a very different method of protection.

From what you've said in your post, I assume that you want to run the game with an image from a dt virtual drive. If so, you'll need to make an image of the cd with alcohol using securom new 4.x settings.

Such an image should work when mounted on a dt virtual drive so long as the version of securom used on the cd hasn't blacklisted the current version of dt.

Comment

The thing is, the beta doesnt have a disk and I cant see how the protection can be uptdated considering it is using that same W3 Classic disc.....incase you didnt know it was only a download.....I may be wrong it just confused me how you said "beta disc".

Comment

in many cases the companys send cd-roms with betaversions to the betatesters (f.e. EA Pacific/C&C Generals);
        INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
        while others simply send you a ftp-link with the needed files.

What concerns your Problem: Surely they can update the protection. They use the characteristics of the original WarCraft3 CD-ROM (which obviously DON'T need DPM, as those discs were produced before the introduce of the new Securom V4.8x / protection scheme). But it's possible that they add some new scans for our virtual drives (blacklisting).

If you enabled Securom Emulation, try to disable it, maybe that helps, otherwise I fear you have to wait for the next Version of Daemon Tools

Comment

Unfortunately I already tried disabling and enabling every option available. Thanks for the input though :/

Comment

KKH posted in this thread that it is protected with SecuROM v4.84.68.6354.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
            X