Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Space

  1. #11
    Experienced User Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    13.10.2005
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methadon
    I've read that you only need about 2-3 errors.
    But I know that it don't need to be 20MB, that's to big.
    I know that because my BF2 mini-image is only 3MB, I can probably get it smaller.
    I was talking about CDs. Or is thers a CD version of BF2 (Battlefield 2)?
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

  2. #12
    Experienced User
    Methadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.10.2005
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos
    I was talking about CDs. Or is thers a CD version of BF2 (Battlefield 2)?
    Oh, I was talking about the BF2 DVD, but mini-images of a CD can you usually get smaller than that.

  3. #13
    Experienced User Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    13.10.2005
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methadon
    Oh, I was talking about the BF2 DVD, but mini-images of a CD can you usually get smaller than that.
    OK. That's what I was getting at. On safedisc DVDs, there are no errors. But on CDs, there are about 20MB of "bad sectors" at the beginning, and I didn't know that it's not needed to include all of them in the mini-image.
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

  4. #14

    Default safedisc mini images

    Quote Originally Posted by Methadon
    I know that because my BF2 mini-image is only 3MB, I can probably get it smaller.
    Neat, I didn't know that.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

  5. #15
    Experienced User
    Methadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.10.2005
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Underheaven
    Neat, I didn't know that.
    But you have to be fast on that cancel button, real fast.

    Edit: I tried to make my BF2 DVD mini-image smaler. It was 3MB before, now I did get it down to 2MB.
    I also was so fast that I did get it down to 1MB but that mini-image didn't work, the games crashed when I tried to use it.
    Last edited by Methadon : 10.11.2005 at 12:41

  6. #16
    Experienced User Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    13.10.2005
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methadon
    But you have to be fast on that cancel button, real fast.

    Edit: I tried to make my BF2 DVD mini-image smaler. It was 3MB before, now I did get it down to 2MB.
    I also was so fast that I did get it down to 1MB but that mini-image didn't work, the games crashed when I tried to use it.
    I'll try to cut the image by hand one of these days and see what the minimum is. (The "dd" command in Linux really makes life easy...)
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •