No announcement yet.

DT Pro - Can be bought in shop???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is some confusion about the version numbers.

Daemon Tools v4 will be the successor of DTv3. It'll have the same interface and the same features as DTv3, supporting Windows XP x64 and be free for personal use. For commercial use, licenses will have to be bought.
    Everybody who has a license when DTPro is released (no matter whether it's a license for v3 or v4) will get a DTPro license for free.

Daemon Tools Pro v1.0 will have additional features like a virtual IDE drive, CD image creation etc. It will *not* be free for personal use. Personally I expect it to be more expensive than DTv3, whereas DTv4 will probably cost the same as v3. This is an assumption though.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
      Personally I expect it to be more expensive than DTv3, whereas DTv4 will probably cost the same as v3.
      OK, now I'm even more confused.
      If somebody registers for DT3 now, they will get DT4 and DT Pro for free.
      But if somebody registers after Dt4 is released, they will have to buy DT Pro and Pro versions after that????
      Is that right, Admin or betateam?

Comment

DTv4 is for free (if you use it personal or if you don't want to support the devs), if you've bought dtv3 you'll get pro for free.
        If you've bought DTv4 when DT Pro isn't out yet you'll get dt pro for free.
        So if DT Pro is out you couldn't buy dtv4 anymore because it's for free, the buyable version will be DT Pro.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk
          But if somebody registers after ...
          After every new version release the pricing may be changed (or even more often than that). There aren't any guarantees about future pricing packages and what's included except that you know the current price buys you everything. And it doesn't take any beta or admin knowledge to have this idea.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I get it now, but I'm gonna avoid this thread.......

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
              So if DT Pro is out you couldn't buy dtv4 anymore because it's for free, the buyable version will be DT Pro.
              DTv4 will only be free for personal use and will still be available to buy I imagine.
              Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Originally Posted by Kitna
                DTv4 will only be free for personal use and will still be available to buy I imagine.
                No the buyable version will be Pro, as DT4 will be free. Before there was only one version, DT3, and you could only buy that, but now there will be a free version, and a buy-to-use version.
                Originally Posted by AnalCobra

Comment

Daemon Tools v3.x: $15.95, free for personal use
                  Daemon Tools v4.x: about $15.95, free for personal use
                  Daemon Tools Pro v1.x: more than $15.95

If you'll have bought a license for DTv3 or DTv4 before DTPro is released, you'll get a license for DTPro for free.

And yes, that means that DTv4 will still be sold when DTPro is released.

Can we stop the speculations now please? This is what it's going to be. Believe it or don't, but please don't cause any more confusion.
                  Last edited by NetSoerfer; 11.11.2005, 18:41.
                  "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                  X