I have been 4 months here and only have 20 posts :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by JoelEllison
    The new website opened on 21.10.2005, I bet you could've had an avatar on the old site (you registered 12 days before the switch)? Or maybe I'm really confused.
    Well I didn't start posting until 23.10.2005, so it was around that time that I found out that I couldn't have an avatar.
    And yes I could probably have an avatar on the old site, but I didn't try to add one at that time.

Comment

I didn't expect an explanation that simple.

Comment

I lurk way too much to get 20 posts anytime soon. Guess I'll just have to purchase Daemon tools.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
          Well I noticed in the beginning that I couldn't have an avatar, but everybody else could.
          But it didn't take me long to find out why, because I used the SEARCH FUNCTION!

you and your new fangled SEARCH FUNCTION! bah, in my day we had to look through every post to find what we where looking for and we liked it that way!

hehe I noticed because someone posted about it and I found out that i need to post in order to have a avatar.... hehe with no use of the search function!

But I do like the fact that it took 20 post to get a avatar its like a goal or something to be helpful....

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
            If you have less than 20 posts you can't send a pm!
            i didn't know that i'm going for the 20

Comment

I want to have an avater 2.
              allmost 20 posts:P not

Comment

Thats a point, will have to give some thought to my avatar! no far off now! yipee

Comment

people that pay for the product have to make 20 post to?

i have done of 10+ posts and still they dont show up
                  it say 0 posts
                  BadIronTree The Frag Master
                  http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/541/makedoniank1.gif

Comment

Originally Posted by BadIronTree
                    people that pay for the product have to make 20 post to?

it say 0 posts
                    No people that has registered don't have that restriction.
                    Last edited by Methadon; 18.11.2005, 10:30.

Comment

Originally Posted by BadIronTree
                      it say 0 posts
                      That's because some of the statistics updates are done at night to save server performance. As you will have noticed, server loads have gone through the roof since the release of DTv4 so we're doing everything we can to keep the forum up and running.
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I was already wondering why all my posts had to be approved.
                        Anyways if the admins think that the amount of "posts for the sake of a post" is lower then the amount of "lame posts by newly joined users" it is probably a good idea to have such a system in place.

However from my perspective as a user it is pretty annoying to wait until somebody takes the time to approve the post. Very hard to quickly react on an answer post. Also it makes people that make very few posts feel a little unwanted or like outsiders - even if they have been reading the entire forum.

Maybe you should consider switching to a time period instead of a certain amount of posts. I mean I could post 20 posts in 5 minutes if I wanted to get around the system. But if every newb would be checked in e.g. the first week on the forum it would be much harder to circumvent.

Comment

Thank lord i just registered ...hrhrhr ill never make it to an
                          avatar otherwise lazy ass i am ^^ but wait -- i never bought
                          my WoW or DAOC or other accounts on ebay either ...shit
                          priorities in life need to be closely defined ^^
                          Guys vote for the threads you read to give
                          the rating system a place to live ^^

Comment

I've been reading the forums from long time ago, but registered only yesterday to reply to some thread. hehe

Comment

Originally Posted by Vasily
                              I've been reading the forums from long time ago, but registered only yesterday to reply to some thread. hehe

Yeah I have been reading the forums for months and finally found something to give my input into.

Comment

Working...
                              X