Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: cant boot back into windows

Default cant boot back into windows

ok well i installed daemon tools and it all worked perfectly, untill i rebooted my computer...after which i could not get back into windows..i could still go into safe mode but i couldnt uninstall it from there because windows installer doesnt work in safe mode ( how stupid is that) and so i tried doing system restore and it took me about 8 restores until i got my computer to boot up again...you cant imagine how many times rebooting that is....anyway, do you know how i can prevent this from happening because i really wanna use the program - but this way its just not possible....

here are my specs:

P4 1.8
    256ram
    80gig hd 5400rpm
    gforce 3 ti200
    windows xp pro

Can you post exactly what error you receive (if you receive one)? Also, what burning software, antivirus, firewall, etc... do you have installed?

Default ye

well at first the computer starts up as normal and u get the windows loading screen, but then i get a blue screen (without having seen the desktop or anything of windows yet) which basically says that there has been an error and i should try n reboot, and if i have the problem again it says to run scandisk (pointless.....)...

my burning software is Nero burning rom (which i update once in a while and has given no problems) i have norton antivirus 2003 together with norton systemworks and cleansweep 2003. i got no firewall cuz its hardware (router)...

i dont know exactly what the bluescreen error said..i didnt relly take the time to write it down, but it seemed pretty much pointless, it didnt point to a file or something just showed a debug statement.. Have you never heard of this problem before?

Yes, we have. But there are many many causes for this error.

For future reference, if you get the bsod, and want to avoid system restore, boot into safe mode. Then goto C:\windows\system32\drivers. Delete the two st3??? files (after backing up). Reboot. If it really is a prob with daemon tools, the bsod should vanish.

Default ok

ok thanks, i hope that it will work without problems, i might give it a try, hehe after doing a system backup :evil:

Default shit

ok i found out that if i install any of the following programs i get this error which doesnt allow me to boot into windows (using that configuration):

CDrwin, Daemon tools and alcohol 120% what the blue screen error tells me each time is:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

does this mean anything to you? i guess its a IRQ error but how can i possibly solve this?

well, no offense but there is just a similar problem there...not a solution....sorry :shock: