Showing results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Say Bye Bye to Jack Thompson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Experienced User

Default Say Bye Bye to Jack Thompson

Most of you know him as the crazy lawyer who is against Rockstar games believing that video games are the cause of crimes in today's youth. Well now you can start saying good bye to him.

hxxp://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=12774

The guy's a psycho, actually. I won't miss him. Hope he really goes away.
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

I wonder what his take is in the True Crime game? :P

Experienced User

Heh, One down billions to go... when will they learn that games dont cause violence, people do.... Violent video games are a good outlet for people because no one gets hurt...

I love his statement that "GTA Trained the 18 year old to be a killer"... If this where true then why doesnt the militery use video games to train people... oh wait because it doesnt do anything!!, all they ended up doing was makeing a half way decent FPS.

I don't consider video games even as an "outlet" of violence. Usually I just find the violence funny. It's the interactivity, graphics, and general gameplay that get me hooked.

In the past, when I was playing Mortal Kombat with friends, we used to have a good laugh each time someone managed to pull of a fatality. It was just too violent to be of any concern. It was just funny.
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos
    I don't consider video games even as an "outlet" of violence. Usually I just find the violence funny. It's the interactivity, graphics, and general gameplay that get me hooked.

In the past, when I was playing Mortal Kombat with friends, we used to have a good laugh each time someone managed to pull of a fatality. It was just too violent to be of any concern. It was just funny.
    Yes, now because you played and probly still play violent video games, do you find yourself to be more agressive or do you kill people?