No announcement yet.

DT4 - kinda useless now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to do that. The virtual drive already returns zero-bytes when mounting a mini image. Just copy/open some file (a "Readme.txt" for example) from the mounted mini-image. You'll see it has the right size, but all bytes are 0.
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

not useless DT-4 will be AWSOME

give them a break they are working hard. so we have a good product.
      not some piece of crap that gets a bug every time we turn around.
      all hail ----DT---- MAKERS and testers

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
        No need to do that. The virtual drive already returns zero-bytes when mounting a mini image. Just copy/open some file (a "Readme.txt" for example) from the mounted mini-image. You'll see it has the right size, but all bytes are 0.
        Ya, I was talking about inflating the image so it is filled with 0's and shows (not mounted) but the image itself being the same size as the "real image", Basically a 4GB file filled with 0's, so it can be compressed into a zip/rar down to around 150kb or so, intersting to know if that would actually help anything?

Seen the Maxi images floating around? Not sure if it would be worth trying.. The Maxi images are in a rar/zip compressed, around 150kb or so, when you extract the "MiniDisc" (not really a minidisc to be honest lol" it gets inflated to the full size of the dvd/mdf clone.

Seems to work fine for SecuROM 7 using just Daemon-Tools and Sr 7 Stop.

Anyhow, just wondering how to go about making one like that.
        No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

I've seen these, too.
          For example for Matrix Path of Neo (Securom 7).
          As a zip file 200kb and extracted 3,7gb.
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Making those images?

Hi

Do you know any tool which is able to make these "Mini"-Images? I mean with NTFS file compression they will not take that amount on a HDD.

Regards
            Goenk

Comment

AFAIK St0rkForce should be doing sector reads at the start, end, and pseudo-randomly inbetween on the disk, and verify the data it got, that's what they dubbed ISOprotect and that's why mini-images shouldn't work with newer versions. But 'tis just what i heard, never sniffed after that myself, so that's AFAIK

Comment

I never wanted to try SFcure and the combination of other crammy stuff :P (no,its actualy verry clever...).When i saw all those things i gotta do it just seemed verry un-clean and un-elegant AND un-polite
                I will wait for DT4v because:
                I A M T O O L A Z Y (and so are you all

Comment

But will DT4 really get rid of the need for SFCure, or will we have to wait for DT Pro?
                  Btw in 2 days there will be 14 days since your annoucment.

Comment

Originally Posted by Vampirtc
                    But will DT4 really get rid of the need for SFCure, or will we have to wait for DT Pro?
                    There will be an add-on for DTv4 that does what all those tools like SFCure, StarForce Nightmare, SD4Hide etc do, and that won't mess up your system if you click the wrong button. It'll still be necessary to hide ATAPI (IDE) drives, but you'll be able to do it with DT4.

However, said add-on might be released a little later than DTv4.

Btw in 2 days there will be 14 days since your annoucment.
                    Oh thanks, we almost forgot.
                    Last edited by NetSoerfer; 12.11.2005, 12:28.
                    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Oh well, sounds like I might actually have to wait longer than the release of DT4 to play my SF-protected games. Yes, I know of the SFCure + SFN, but I'd rather not take the risk of hosing my system.

Arb

Comment

Originally Posted by Dark Arbitor
                        I know of the SFCure + SFN, but I'd rather not take the risk of hosing my system. Arb
                        I learn't the hard way

Comment

never had an issue with either program

Comment

are you STUPID?

look im no genius but were talking about the FIRST EVER!!!! ide emulator here. this means that all the crap theyre throwing at us(starforce especially with all its new versions on the horizon) are basically going to be ALOT easier for coders to fix. useless hehe id say more like revolutionary...yes we have sfn and sfcure ad all these other things BUT htey only work for versions of sf below like 3.5 without haveing to unplug drives, and if your like me with a cd/dvd/burner on your channel 1 also and channel 2 your screwed.. no way to get around not unplugging there without the new DT4. is why i havent fooled with the other garbage, i check here daily for the NEW, REVOLUTIONARY, and INNOVATIVE upcoming release of DT4! and you know as well as i that once DT4 comes out sfcure/sfn/etc.. will be names of the past.

Comment

see the reason sf doesn't work on scsi drives is the following:

the largest part of people use ide drives.
                              those guys making sf know for sure that there is a very little percentage of people using scsi drives.
                              combine these two and the percentage of people using scsi and ide drives together onone system is even smaller.

but they know for sure that drive emulation uses scsi. so those people would have scsi and ide drives in their computer (although the scsi is a virtual drive)

so they just blocked out this combination of ide and scsi drives in one system because they know that a lot of people iwth this combination is just people emulating scsi drives.

so like this they still allow ide and scsi only computers to play the game. but people who really have scsi and ide drives in their computer (real ones) are just F#$%^ because of this protection. although they would only have to detach one of the drives.

but know since DT v4 can emulate IDE and scsi the assumption of sf makers doesnt work anymore. because a lot of people will just use the ide virtual drive which means sf makers can't really block this out. (or they have to sepcifically detect DT4 or other virtual drive programs) because if they do block out IDE it will mean that the majority of people (who are using IDE drives) will not be able to play the game

so just waiting for DT4 to screw the sf

Comment

Originally Posted by stile
                                never had an issue with either program
                                First time i used sfnightmare, cpu usage jumped to 100% after about 10mins use. Had to reformat and install windows to fix.
                                second time, i thought i'd risk it again because there was better chance of it working with sfcure. all i got was BSODs, crashes, reboots, and the damn trick didn't work either. Windows became unusable, anytime i started the pc, if i clicked the mouse, instant restart. had to boot into safe mode, backup my work and reinstall windows.
                                never gonna use either again, even if there is 100% guarantee that Starforce protection will be fooled.

Comment

Working...
                                X