No announcement yet.

Recommend a Graphics Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

either the X1600Pro (AGP) or the Nvidia eq. would be ample, and a nice cheap upgrade for a 5200. the x1600 comes in 256 and in 512 gddr2 configs, for between 129 and 159. Make sure it says AGP!

Nivida 6800GS is a good card, and a little more expensive. But it's got a bigger memory bus (256 to 128) and is faster..
    It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally Posted by kragnin
      Thanks in advance for all helpful replies!

I need to upgrade my card for games, primarily. I'm trying to fit my current system and stay within a budget while maximizing performance (isn't everyone?).

Here's my current specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.1 GHz
      Graphics: nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128MB (AGP, I believe)
      RAM: 1024 DDR-SDRAM

Email me directly and post replies here. I've always used nVIDIA products, but am open to other recommendations.

Thanks!
      Matt
      If you want something real powerful, order a 6800 ultra or gt.
      An ultra is available in german shops for 200€.
      A nvidia 5200 is to 90% agp, the other 10% is pci non-express, but this is a really old standard for graphic-cards.
      My system
      Boycott Starforce!
      Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

one of the best gfx cards available is the GeForce 7800GT. and it only costs 250-300€...
        BUY IT
        My sysProfile!

Comment

i would buy a GF 6800GS or the GF7800GS. should match perfect with your sys...
          My sysProfile!

Comment

Could I need a new Graphics Card?

hello, Im in need of some help and decided to try this forum so my problem is this: I want to use this computer up here to play games like Lineage2 which doesnt ask that much for recomended req. my comp stat atm are:
            ~Intel Celeron 1000MHz (10x100)
            ~System Memory 375Mb of Ram (Sdram)
            ~Graphics Card: Radeon 7500 Family (micros.)64mb
            ~and my internet connection is fine, the asks:

-P3/800MHz or better
            -Ram:256MB
            -Graphics:GeForce2/ or better 3d Graphics Card
            -Connection 56k (Have Cable atm)

Being a school student and money bein low as most students are hehe Id like any help on low but good items. I believe that all I need is a better graphics card. I have anywere from 125Cdn to 190CDN <--Dont wana hit this area but "IF" I have to than i guess >.> Thanks for any future help.

Comment

payne99, what game are you thinking about getting?
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

as he already said: Lineage 2.
                My sysProfile!

Comment

Good prices Graphics Cards

Try 9micro1 for good prices on your graphics cards. My neighbor got an ATI 9600XT with 256mb for under $100 US, & I got a 9800XT 256mb with 8 pipelines & a 256 bit memory interface for $170 US. Their web site & service is excellent. Also, since you are on a tight budget, have you tried Pricegrabber & Amazon? Pricegrabber is how I found 9micro1. Also, when you decide on the card you want, just type it into the search bar on Pricegrabber & you will see some prices that I have yet to see any store beat, even with shipping!!!
                  IMHO
                  isepiq

Comment

well you also want to reconsider this since the ati x8xx series dont have PS3 (pixel shader 3)
                    the atis with PS3 support are the x1xxx series which are expensive and their low end are very very low on performace
                    so buyin a 6600gt with 128 or 256 would be the best solutin for the money problem and dont forget that he needs a card to survive some time
                    i got the 128 mb version and later on i baught some extra pc ram and now most of games are workin fine
                    well on a 17" monitor for a resolution of 1024x768 it isnt bad tho and i can open most of games at high resolution
                    Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                    MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

The 7300GT DDR3 256mb rocks
                      it even beats the 6600GT
                      and for that matter even the 7300GT DDR2 version beats the 6600GT DDR2

Just forget abt everything and get a Inno 3D 7300GT DDR3 256mb
                      Visit my website

Comment

Originally Posted by scaramonga
                        Nothing more than a 6600GT.........unless your interested in 3DMark scores!...........
                        Same here , bought 6800GT about a half year ago (when a prices dropped) and still did not saw any game that had problems , at least @1200x1024 - my LCD resolution and with 4xFFAA.

Comment

wait for november, nvidia will release some infos about the new G80 chipset. expect it to be released this year, i bet on christmas.

this should make price drops sure for old chipset gfx. and of course, they support DX10 which is needed for vista game improvments..;D
                          some bigger PC revolution incoming, not only for GFX cards - wait a bit before buying anything.

6600GT works fine, even with newest games. just set textures on medium thats it.
                          Last edited by Black-; 30.09.2006, 02:58.

Comment

Working...
                          X