Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 93

Thread: X3 Reunion - Using a mounted image

This worked for me: very simple.

1. Turn off your computer

2. Disconnect all CD/DVD IDE cables (simply unplugging the power won't work, you need to actually disconnect the IDE cable itself)

2. Turn your computer back on

3. Load image of X3 with D4

works every time

simple as pie

New User

With the release of DT4 I can now play X3 without the CD and I dont have to unplug anything. From what my friends on Teamspeak have been telling me this feature was supposably not included in this release?

Above and beyond installing DT4 I have also made about 5 lines in my registry read only to the administrator account... could that be it? Or are my friends wrong about the whole Starforce thing? There was a sticky on this earlier but I cant find it now.

New User

Im running X3 stright from the image, NO tools and with all my IDE drives plugged in and enabled. It just worked first time I tried it.

New User

Lächeln hmm.. it worked!

I tried to run X3 yesterday. And i wasn't expecting it to be so easy. I pulled out the IDE cables, for me only my dvd players are connected to it. The rest is SATA. I installed DT4, then i mounted the image. Installed it. REboot -> and it worked.

JoY!

Game was a little choppy though. Maybe its a good idea to put the image on 1 drive and install on another one.

@Kosm:
    You don't need to double-post. Your post doesn't show up right away because your posts are all approved before being added until you get 20 posts total.

Arb

New User

far too complicated lol.

for x3 :

install dt 4 (properly !) unplug optical drive/s (cd/dvd drives)

play the game ...

no need for any of those crappy sfnightmare, sfcure , sfstop or whatever else tools.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Kosm
    I tried to run X3 yesterday. And i wasn't expecting it to be so easy. I pulled out the IDE cables, for me only my dvd players are connected to it. The rest is SATA. I installed DT4, then i mounted the image. Installed it. REboot -> and it worked.

JoY!

Game was a little choppy though. Maybe its a good idea to put the image on 1 drive and install on another one.

patch the game ^^

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by sin316
    patch the game ^^
    ^^ what he said, 1.0 is pretty much unplayable, 1.2 for most of the X3 Customers is also non-playable. 2-4FPS 4-8 FPS

Patch 1.2.01 fixed alot of performance issues for many, but there is still a small portion of users in which 1.2 works better than 1.2.01, 1.3 patch is due by the end of this month. 1.3 will be a massive patch, not just a few fixes here and there. And they are saying they should have most if not all the performance issues worked out by 1.3.

At least we can hope :P X3 is great, there are some points about the game that make it seem not worthy of more than an expansion, but the game honestly (besides graphics) has had major improvements over X2, even if at some rate, some of it is unplayable, such as Mobil Mining *Sigh*

For the most part, the game itself has had major improvements over various areas, such as combat. The thing I have against it atm, is the fact that it was advertised as having this, that and the other, while this that and the other does not exist lol.

Nobody said Mobil Mining didn't exist, and no official word on if it will be added or/fixed. Sad when customers have to find out that everything that was advertised, does not exist. If that doesnt get you, play the game, then read the manual, then play and read the manual, and try to find where exactly the game matches the manual to any extent, besides the portion about installing it. lol

At any rate, overall it is a good game, and EGOSOFT are known to fix the problems, X2 was in very bad shape when it was launched 1.0, but by 1.4 they had resolved almost all issues, and though I doubt it, I hope to see at least 1 more patch for X2 since the game is still widely played and supported on the X Community.
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

New User

whats wrong with mobile mining?
    just get some TLs, a ship with mining laser, some ships which will collect the shit for you and youre set?

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Smoky
    whats wrong with mobile mining?
    just get some TLs, a ship with mining laser, some ships which will collect the shit for you and youre set?
    There is no mobile mining atm, check EGOSOFT forums, it is confirmed by EGOSOFT themselves, you cannot mobile mine in X3 currently

Your Mobile Mining Lasers act just like weapons, they blow up the asteroid, but nothing left to collect. They dont mine lol
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast