X3 Reunion - Using a mounted image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

dllfile, bout ur post earlier on how 2 use subinacl command, can u teach me step by step.. im very illiterate in all the IT stuff... like how u create batch file 4 it n how u disable it??
    thank you so much..

Comment

Originally Posted by medicrx
      This worked for me: very simple.

1. Turn off your computer

2. Disconnect all CD/DVD IDE cables (simply unplugging the power won't work, you need to actually disconnect the IDE cable itself)

2. Turn your computer back on

3. Load image of X3 with D4

works every time

simple as pie
      I unplugged my single dvd-rw drive and when I start X3 using the image and it mounted in DT4 with emulation either on or off it just reboots my machine. If I plug it back in I get the message that it failed the securitey check or something. I wonder if something has been changed by other registry programs I tried previously to get it to work.

Anyway I reinstalled it and even pateched it to the latest patch and still the reboot when my ide drive is unplugged. Strange.

Otherwise the computer which is a gigabyte mb K8N ultra 9 with a 3500+ cpu is rock solid on all other games. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally Posted by garados
        dllfile, bout ur post earlier on how 2 use subinacl command, can u teach me step by step.. im very illiterate in all the IT stuff... like how u create batch file 4 it n how u disable it??
        thank you so much..
        Search MS Site for subinacl, download the pack, install. get the subinacl.exe and put in same location as the batch.

PAate this code into a text file, save it, then rename the new.text to start.bat, double click to run it.
        Code:
        @ECHO OFF
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 0" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 3" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 4" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 5" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 6" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 7" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\D-Tools" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alcohol Soft" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" /deny=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices1" /deny=administrators=r
        echo all done... you can exit this now.
        pause
        Then copy this to another text, name it stop.bat
        Code:
        @ECHO OFF
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 0" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 3" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 4" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 5" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 6" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 7" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\D-Tools" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alcohol Soft" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" /grant=administrators=r
        subinacl /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices1" /grant=administrators=r
        cls
        echo all done, you can exit this now...
        pause
        You should not have to do this method with DT4 however.. But there it is.
        No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

dllfile, were you into x2 at all? and how much are you asking for your sig?

Comment

Originally Posted by sparx
            dllfile, were you into x2 at all? and how much are you asking for your sig?
            yes, I still play X2 actually. and my sig, lots.
            No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Hey all i have x3:reunion and i don't wnat to use my cds becuase i wnat to keep them nice and all and well i am trying to mount my image i have so that i can use it wihtout the cd and wel i did the instructions about the moutning with emulation on rpmsing dt4). then i did the disable node etc. and i went to start it up and it said application installed must reboot.... but i hadn't instaleld anything........ what do i do to get it to work?! i didnd't shut off my computer and take out my power/ide's on my cd-rom's..... is that really necessary... thanks in advance

Comment

l1nvx, how did you create your images?
                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

1) for X3 you have to unplug your IDE drives completly from system, SFN is not enough for new starforce versions

2) create image with alcohol, if you cant read the dpm whatever stuff, make a regular image and download the .mds from copybase.ch. name both files the same before the .mdf and .mds

3) mount your .mds in DT4 and play

works with every SF game so far.
                  soon the ide jammer should be released, then we dont have to unplug anything

Comment

alright i've never tried disconnecting my cd-rom's i'll try that and them ount etc.

Comment

Most people (including myself) need to physically unplug the IDE optical drives. As a general rule of thumb, be sure to turn your computer off first...

Arb

Comment

I have the same problems then spott.. it reboot when checking... if someone resolved it... thx

Comment

when I try to run X3 with DM4 I get this:

Then when the bar fills up this:

Have all IDE drives unplugged, except the HDD. Any reasons why it doesn't work?

Comment

try remaking the disc image from the original disc. sounds like the image isnt complete...

Comment

I got X3 reunion working great using DT4 and this method: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/show...ht=right+click

This requires a SATA HD to work properly. I setup DT4 with all copy protections and then disabled all PATA devices via Device Manager. Then I loaded the image into DT4, installed, and played with absolutely no issues.

Comment

I Made an image using Alcohol 120% of X3, Mounted using deamon tools.

Instead of having to open up my case and pulling the IDE drives out lituraly of the IDE channels. I just disable the IDE controller in the BIOS and leave the drives and power connected. So when i want to use them again i just go reboot and enable them.

As since all my HDDs in the PC are on raid controllers. The CD are the only devices on the IDE controllers. It works for me and never caused me any issues and not one starforce error.

Performance is better using the image but not as good as i liked since the ammount of performance issues is still unacceptable even with it patched.

Comment

Working...
                                X