No announcement yet.

X3 Reunion - Using a mounted image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else experiencing reboots during the game copy protection check right when you start the game? It happens to me randomly and I cannot figure out what is causing it. I did read other peoples issues with reboots with SF checks though.

Comment

Your question seems to be answered with your own post here. This should be fixed in the next version of DAEMON Tools.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by evolart@hotmail.com
        I got X3 reunion working great using DT4 and this method: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/show...ht=right+click

This requires a SATA HD to work properly. I setup DT4 with all copy protections and then disabled all PATA devices via Device Manager. Then I loaded the image into DT4, installed, and played with absolutely no issues.
        NO WAY!! IT WORKS! I"ve been trying for a month reading on various sites how to bypass Gayforce and now it works!

1. Disable PATA in device manager
        2. mount on DT4 w/ no emulations
        3. play!!!

Comment

i have a nforce 4 mobo

and under ide ata/atapi controllor

i just have "nvidia nforce4 parallel ata controllor"

do i just disable that?

thank you

Comment

Originally Posted by balance
            i have a nforce 4 mobo

and under ide ata/atapi controllor

i just have "nvidia nforce4 parallel ata controllor"

do i just disable that?

thank you
            If thats the only thing you see then you have your harddrive and your dvd-drive are using one parallel cable. Disabling that would crash your computer (obviously because they're on the same cable). You need to buy a SATA (serial ata) harddrive for the trick to work. So in your device manager, you would see:

-nvidia nforce4 parallel ata controllor
            -nvidia nforce4 Serial ata controllor

And you would just simple disable the PATA one...

I tried Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory which is Gayforce as well and it works too.

Comment

Originally Posted by DJSLY
              If thats the only thing you see then you have your harddrive and your dvd-drive are using one parallel cable. Disabling that would crash your computer (obviously because they're on the same cable). You need to buy a SATA (serial ata) harddrive for the trick to work. So in your device manager, you would see:

-nvidia nforce4 parallel ata controllor
              -nvidia nforce4 Serial ata controllor

And you would just simple disable the PATA one...

I tried Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory which is Gayforce as well and it works too.
              i have sata hdd =) 2 raid 0 and 1 just normal. i only see "nvidia nforce4 Serial ata controllor" in scsi and raid controllor and in there i have the following:
              ->D37PRT SCSI Controller (daemontool 3.47 i think, didnt want to update cuz 3.47 runs fine )
              ->Nvidia nforce(tm) raid class controller
              ->nvidia nforce serial ata raid controller
              ->nvidia nforce serial ata raid controller

Comment

X3 on a laptop?

It seems from what i have read you need to remove the power and IDE from optical drives to get this to work with emulation but i cannot do this on a laptop, tools like SFnightmare seem to do nothing, is there anything i can do? any sugestions are apriciated many thanks in advance.

Comment

Well i can't even make an image of X3, cannot get DPM info using current device

Strange as i've made good images of GT Legends & Worms Mayhem

Oh well

Comment

As mentioned in many threads before, you have to clean your system from the starforce drivers because they prevent making a correct DPM measure.

Try to clean your system with sfclean.

Comment

Yes i realise this, and as mentioned in my post i've made images of GT Legends and Worms Mayhem. Both of these are starforce. Got hold of a new DVD drive today and it has created the image with no problems getting the DPM, now i've just got to try to run it.

Comment

Originally Posted by sin316
                        install dt 4 (properly !)
                        What is properly? (and what way is the wrong way?)

Originally Posted by sin316
                        unplug optical drive/s (cd/dvd drives)
                        You gotta be kidding... god I hope they go out of business.

Comment

I doubt Starforce is gunna be evaporating any time soon. I mean think about it, any game that forces you to unplug your drives so you can play a copied version must have really good copy protection right? If we gamers were making the games, we'd probably use it too so we could get $$$. It's all about the green.

And on that note, I need to go plug my cd drives back in; I wanna play ut2004 but I gotta install it first :/

Comment

I was hoping for companies who use it to go out of business - but the more popular Starforce gets, the more people are going to hack at it.
                            Also, I thought that was interesting, if you hold shift down when you start the game you get a box where you can enter a keycode - that will bypass security and start the game. You get such a code from the people at Starforce if they believe you are worthy - and it only works for your machine.
                            Amazing though that nobody has made a generator for that - guess you are right, it is a tough program

Comment

Hi everyone, the info here helped me a lot. I've got X3 working now by unplugging IDE.
                              Can anyone using X3 w/o cd confirm that it still works after 1.3 patch, I've heard rumors about updated starforce protection.

Comment

It runs fine with me. Nforce 4 board with pata disabled and sfn, disable cd disable node.

Comment

Working...
                                X