X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re

yes work for me

Comment

yesterday I managed to run it with a plextor dvd recorder connected, just sfcure and sfn disable node, disable cd, disable node, disable secondary master...

but I couldn't reproduce it later... it only worked once...

A friend with an Asus a8n-sli premium mobo and with nforce4 ide drivers installed just has to use sfcure and sfn with ONLY disable ata... and he is playing X3 and Ufo aftershock from an alcohol image... hadn't tried other sf protected games... but i think will work too...

Comment

Originally Posted by twi41
        Has anybody tried this after installing the 1.2.1 patch? You know the one that addresses framerate issues? I had it working until I patched up.... bleh.

6CD's.... crazy. That's six times as many chances to have a problem.... this is so driving me nuts.
        I have it running after installing the patch with no problems at all! But 6 cd's, Ouch! kinda glad i have the DVD version

Comment

Yeah it works with the original... it's just that each optical drive that I have had in the past has lasted one year on average but that might have been because of crappy manufactureres. Optical drives made by creative have lasted about 9 months? Went with one by Pacific Digital and Cybersomething and those are broken already too. Now I got 2 drives that came with my Alienware that I want to last for a while...

At any rate thanks for the replies. I just dont like the low hum that emanates from the drive when I'm playing the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tr0n
            Like I said, it may work on your system. It doesn't work on my system no matter what method I try.
            Possible you did not create a good image? If your unable to get it to work, the image might not be 1:1, try making a backup using other speeds, it took me 4-5 times before I got one that worked. Finally found DPM High at 10x Speed Measurement for my drive did the trick, I also went into the profiles settings for Alcohol 120% and changed the max copy speed of SF protection profiles to 24x Max, my drive can run faster, but seems 24 is the max it can make good copies with, I changed all SafeDisc profiles to 2x, and SecuROM old to 10x, then SecuROM new to 24x, im able to make backups of everything so far, working, where as before I was not getting anything working when making images.
            No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

This worked for me: very simple.

1. Turn off your computer

2. Disconnect all CD/DVD IDE cables (simply unplugging the power won't work, you need to actually disconnect the IDE cable itself)

2. Turn your computer back on

3. Load image of X3 with D4

works every time

simple as pie

Comment

With the release of DT4 I can now play X3 without the CD and I dont have to unplug anything. From what my friends on Teamspeak have been telling me this feature was supposably not included in this release?

Above and beyond installing DT4 I have also made about 5 lines in my registry read only to the administrator account... could that be it? Or are my friends wrong about the whole Starforce thing? There was a sticky on this earlier but I cant find it now.

Comment

Im running X3 stright from the image, NO tools and with all my IDE drives plugged in and enabled. It just worked first time I tried it.
                  My Rig: AMD64 3200+ :MSI Neo2, Nforce3 Mobo: 2Gig 3200 400Mhz Ram: ATI X800Pro Graphics Card.

Comment

hmm.. it worked!

I tried to run X3 yesterday. And i wasn't expecting it to be so easy. I pulled out the IDE cables, for me only my dvd players are connected to it. The rest is SATA. I installed DT4, then i mounted the image. Installed it. REboot -> and it worked.

JoY!

Game was a little choppy though. Maybe its a good idea to put the image on 1 drive and install on another one.

Comment

@Kosm:
                      You don't need to double-post. Your post doesn't show up right away because your posts are all approved before being added until you get 20 posts total.

Arb

Comment

far too complicated lol.

for x3 :

install dt 4 (properly !) unplug optical drive/s (cd/dvd drives)

play the game ...

no need for any of those crappy sfnightmare, sfcure , sfstop or whatever else tools.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kosm
                          I tried to run X3 yesterday. And i wasn't expecting it to be so easy. I pulled out the IDE cables, for me only my dvd players are connected to it. The rest is SATA. I installed DT4, then i mounted the image. Installed it. REboot -> and it worked.

JoY!

Game was a little choppy though. Maybe its a good idea to put the image on 1 drive and install on another one.

patch the game ^^

Comment

Originally Posted by sin316
                            patch the game ^^
                            ^^ what he said, 1.0 is pretty much unplayable, 1.2 for most of the X3 Customers is also non-playable. 2-4FPS 4-8 FPS

Patch 1.2.01 fixed alot of performance issues for many, but there is still a small portion of users in which 1.2 works better than 1.2.01, 1.3 patch is due by the end of this month. 1.3 will be a massive patch, not just a few fixes here and there. And they are saying they should have most if not all the performance issues worked out by 1.3.

At least we can hope :P X3 is great, there are some points about the game that make it seem not worthy of more than an expansion, but the game honestly (besides graphics) has had major improvements over X2, even if at some rate, some of it is unplayable, such as Mobil Mining *Sigh*

For the most part, the game itself has had major improvements over various areas, such as combat. The thing I have against it atm, is the fact that it was advertised as having this, that and the other, while this that and the other does not exist lol.

Nobody said Mobil Mining didn't exist, and no official word on if it will be added or/fixed. Sad when customers have to find out that everything that was advertised, does not exist. If that doesnt get you, play the game, then read the manual, then play and read the manual, and try to find where exactly the game matches the manual to any extent, besides the portion about installing it. lol

At any rate, overall it is a good game, and EGOSOFT are known to fix the problems, X2 was in very bad shape when it was launched 1.0, but by 1.4 they had resolved almost all issues, and though I doubt it, I hope to see at least 1 more patch for X2 since the game is still widely played and supported on the X Community.

Comment

whats wrong with mobile mining?
                              just get some TLs, a ship with mining laser, some ships which will collect the shit for you and youre set?

Comment

Originally Posted by Smoky
                                whats wrong with mobile mining?
                                just get some TLs, a ship with mining laser, some ships which will collect the shit for you and youre set?
                                There is no mobile mining atm, check EGOSOFT forums, it is confirmed by EGOSOFT themselves, you cannot mobile mine in X3 currently

Your Mobile Mining Lasers act just like weapons, they blow up the asteroid, but nothing left to collect. They dont mine lol

Comment

Working...
                                X