No announcement yet.

starforce protection and king kong????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make AlcoholImage from CD#1 (asked for Protection-check)
    Speed 1x / DPM High / no RMPS.
    It is works of "what type of your drive".
    My LG combo-s works good in reading, but I cannot running
    the game ONLY IF I OFF THE POWER SUPPLY.
    Mount DT4 with RMPS ON / SFNightmare DISABLE CD and the
    game working. It is like an 3D action/adventure and a good 1

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
      For people other than nabelo, you probably need to disable your IDE optical drives. See this post for recommendations on what to click when using Starforce Nightmare.

*Still be careful though
      Cant get this game working no matter what i try.
      if i unplug my optical drives and try running the game from a mds image of disk 1 under rmps emulation it starts to read the image then stops and my system completely reboots no error no blue screen nothing.

if i use starforce nightmare and disable cd then node it will completely read the image but error out saying please insert kingkong cd1

i dont know whats going on... safedisk and securom games work perfectly with daemon tools v4 but starforce is a complete nightmare.

and dont say its my system i have primed and testing this system and its all completely stable... so its not a hardware fault here.

Comment

I did everything with daemon tools 4, and still get this message

insert the peter jackon's king kong disc 1 into another drive then press retry

Please help, I wanna this game to run

Comment

Yeah, it looks like the latest copy protection updates discover the use of SFN. I'm afraid but I don't know how to solve this for now except by unplugging the drives.

The same happened with Trackmania Sunrise eXtreme (a 400MB addon that updates the CP to StarForce 3.6). Haven't been able to get around that either.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hope it will help you

Hi everyone,

I was annoyed because it was impossible to run king kong backup...

Unlike some who was happy to be able to run this game and let other ppl without help, i would like to give my contrib.

It seems like this new version of starforce detect cd/dvd drive same if they was deactivated by starf*ck, same if it was removed from bios, same if cd/dvd IDE controller removed in Device manager (at least on my computer and i guess some of yours)
            The fact is you MUST completely unplug CD/DVD drive (on my side i unplugged Secondary IDE from Motherboard). For me that is the only way to run this game.

On the other side i seen ppl who completely unplugged IDE CD/DVD drive but wasnt working yet ...
            Then maybe the solution for you :
            - Go to Start menu, Run and type Regedit [ENTER]
            - Your registry will open and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft
            - Expand it, you should have under this key another key named "King Kong (Release)".
            - Right Click on it ("King Kong (Release)" only) and choose delete.
            - Be sure to have physically unplugged CD/DVD ide on mobo.
            (Primary ide are for my two hdd, secondary ide for my two CD/DVD)
            - Be sure to have only one DT virtual drive enabled and all option ON.
            (you must only have your floppy disk if you got one and one DT drive into "My Computer")
            - Launch king-kong, it will ask serial, enter it and ... Enjoy !!!(Normally, it worked for me)

Yes that's really annoying to do that but that's the only solution i found. Until a VERY GOOD "coder" find a software way to bypass that, i must say : Starforce=1, "Coder"=0

I hope it will help you, good luck
            Sry for my english...

Comment

Originally Posted by Carlnalex
              Ok, mounting alone did not work for me, however on the advice of another, I mounted using V4 and unpluged the power cable on my cd/dvd ide drive. Workes a charm, all I need to do now is mount an external power switch so that I can remove power without opening my case every time I want to play ...LOL
              Yeah nice 1 I did that it had to be a switch that disconnects both the red wire and the yellow wire....if you go for the earth cables it will look for earth down the ide cable n you dont want that.........the next step which is simpler is to install a ide controller card.......wire your ide roms through this and starforce cant see them cheap n easy no disconnecting just mount n play....
              ReBeLlIoN

Comment

Update

I made a little mistake, after testing, once optical cd/dvd drive have been unplugged, you can have as much DT/virtual drives as you want. Sorry for wrong info...

Comment

i wish daemon tools crack it

sry for my english. ım turk =)

Comment

the way it did it for me:

I got starforce nightmare.
                    Clicked on:
                    Disable Node
                    Disable CD
                    Disable ATA
                    While checking the CD enabling ATA again (else the doesn't load).

When done:
                    Enable CD
                    Enable Node

Comment

i got this to work on my rig...with nforce4 mb,
                      anyways disable ide/atapi controller, run the game using dt4 with all emulation on...and that should do it
                      Athlon64 3000+@2.6GH, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 1.0G OCZ(2-3-2-5), Asus Radeon X800XL

Comment

I guess the highly problem in SF 3.5-3.6 was the 2ND IDE-
                        check for the physically drive(s). I tried to "synchronize" my
                        click on SFNightmare at DISABLE... when the check was
                        "live" in works, but always refused. I didn't right the time in
                        secs or anything, maybe this is impossible or a stupid TRY??
                        Becouse if we can HIDE the drive WHEN the 2ND check was
                        coming maybe the game will starts?? How and when and this
                        is possible or NOT?? Or this is a stupid try...?

Comment

F*ck Starforce

Comment

Originally Posted by Carlnalex
                            Ok, mounting alone did not work for me, however on the advice of another, I mounted using V4 and unpluged the power cable on my cd/dvd ide drive. Workes a charm, all I need to do now is mount an external power switch so that I can remove power without opening my case every time I want to play ...LOL
                            hi where to find a power switch to what you say? where to look for it?
                            Thanks a lot

Comment

isasa, most people build the switches themselves unless you can find a forum user willing to sell you one by mail.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Oki i made it work by doing a very simple thing.

Just install the game using deamon-tools 4. Then shut down the computer and Disconnect the Ide Cable in your Cd/Dvd rom. Start up and run the game. No problem.

I used starforce nightmare and disabled Cd and Node just in case, if it had any influence i don't know, but i did NOT work with only Starforce nightmare, i HAD to remove the cable from the dvd-rom.

Comment

Working...
                                X