Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to unplug IDE connector!

Originally Posted by deoxx
    i use DM4 and unplugg the cd power then i played for a whil.
    i went to theyr site and there was DM4,03 downloaded it and played king kong whitout unnplugging the cd rom
    I have been reading this thread and it seems like either unplug IDE connector or disconnect the cd rom power will get it work with starforce protection game. But mine is working without disconnecting any of my IDE connector at all

What I have done is just load the image file with DM tools, install and can play without any problem.

I still couldn't figure out why is working. But here is my pc spec that work like a charm.

Intel Pentium 3.0Ghz
    1 GB DDR2 dual channel memory
    1 SATA connecting to my Hard drive.
    Motherboard come with only 1 IDE Connector connecting to 1 DVD-RW drive
    OS - Windows Media Center

Comment

i got this game to work. all i had to do was disable my ide drives thru device manager.
      Athlon64 3000+@2.6GH, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 1.0G OCZ(2-3-2-5), Asus Radeon X800XL

Comment

Starforce works on some but not all systems

Originally Posted by Plug

and dont say its my system i have primed and testing this system and its all completely stable... so its not a hardware fault here.
        Same for me. No matter what starforce removal method I use (or even unplugging drives), starforce always keeps asking me for the disk in the other drive.

It happened with Prince of Persia 3 and Second Sight.

Does anyone have any other clues?

Comment

Originally Posted by essaniael
          Same for me. No matter what starforce removal method I use (or even unplugging drives), starforce always keeps asking me for the disk in the other drive.

It happened with Prince of Persia 3 and Second Sight.

Does anyone have any other clues?
          How did you create your image?
          Did you tried it on another system/pc?
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I got King Kong to work!

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
            How did you create your image?
            Did you tried it on another system/pc?
            Hey, I eventually got it to work! That's a first. I had to unplug my drives, though. SFCURE didn't do it, neither did NIGHTMARE.

I wonder if the king kong patcher that creates a patched .MDS & .MDF file might work for other starforce games where I failed before, eg. Prince of Persia 3 and Second Sight...

Thanks for your concern.

ess

Comment

You also need to unplug your drives to getting Prince of Persia 3 to run. SFCure isn't needed when your are using DT 4. SFNightmare only works for Straforce Games < SF 3.4 (except you have a NForce 3/ 4 mainboard).
              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Patcher with PoP3

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                You also need to unplug your drives to getting Prince of Persia 3 to run. SFCure isn't needed when your are using DT 4. SFNightmare only works for Straforce Games < SF 3.4 (except you have a NForce 3/ 4 mainboard).
                Ah, thanks for that info, anal.

I tried disconnecting my drives with PoP3 and Second Sight but it didn't work. But then I didn't have a patched new iso like with King Kong.

I'm going ot try the patcher with PoP3, so I'll let you know if it works.

Comment

Working...
                X