• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody has a solution of this?

I have the same situation:
    "System file error" after restart
    no errors in event viewer
    no services,dlls,folders or something like this according to DT.

WTF is happening?
    Look like some antipirate...
    Is it real DT release i've downloaded?
    (just kidding ofc)

sorry for mine poor English - I am from Russia with no practice and English training before.

Comment

OMG, I have the same problem and also have no idea how to solve this one.

Situation:
      -"system file error" after restart of first trying of installation.
      -no services,dlls,folders,error messages in event viewer etc...
      -only 1 administrator defined on the PC

looks like someone in the DT-dev community is in anti-pirate community, heh => you cannot install DT4 and cannot back to the DT3 after trying to install DT4...

just kidding of course...

sorry for my poor english (have no practice, have no English trainig, Russian nationality etc)

plz if you have a solution/link to solution/any idea - share it!
      I am ready to try any ideas.

By the way:
      PC configuration:
      Windows XP corporate license ENGLISH
      all patches included
      Avast! Home edition anti-virus software
      Microsoft anti-spyware beta
      administrator's account

I used Anti-Blaxx but I deleted it some weeks before.
      Right now I cannot find any regs about Anti-Blaxx on my PC

Comment

All ppl who have this System File error after reboot please
        specify as more details as possible about your OS versions (including service packs) and programs installed.
        We are trying to investigate it.

Comment

Had same problems as most people but fixed

I couldnt install Daemon 4.0 for anything, I tried almost everything but nothing worked. However, even when i tried installing it on my laptop, I got the same error even though it was freshly formatted. The only similarities were my anti virus program. I guess some how it was linked to kernel debugger and SPTD. Long story short I uninstalled my anti virus, installed Daemon just fine than reinstalled my anti virus. Working perfect now

Comment

The only solution for my was a fresh reinstall of Windows.
            Now it works...i don't know other way...

Comment

Tryed all above

WinXP SP2
              Kaspersky AV
              Firewall is on my gateway!
              2 SATA HDs plug-in Motherboard sticks and 2 plugged in a SATA controller.

I have: sptd.sys and sptd7853.sys in my C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers folder.

I get the error when I press next at the "EULA" and after I press okay to not use any debuggers etc.

I am currently using VMWare on this Machine, and Microsoft Virtual PC.

I installed D-tools 4, rebooted, and I got the error. tryed delete the sptd in my register and also in te driver folder... none of those works.

edit: After i deleted all the keys possible to delete under the sptd "folder" in the register, and the 2 in my driver folder mentioned above, I came pass the SPTD Accept (Also mentioned above) but instead of the error it says it should reboot to continue installation, and as it asks i reboot, and when I have rebooted, the register keys and the 2 files in the driver folder is back.
              Last edited by McAlpha; 17.11.2005, 02:01.

Comment

Originally Posted by strukelj
                I couldnt install Daemon 4.0 for anything, I tried almost everything but nothing worked. However, even when i tried installing it on my laptop, I got the same error even though it was freshly formatted. The only similarities were my anti virus program. I guess some how it was linked to kernel debugger and SPTD. Long story short I uninstalled my anti virus, installed Daemon just fine than reinstalled my anti virus. Working perfect now
                What anti-virus do you use?

Comment

This is a Windows XP SP2 install. Only have Daemon Tools installed (3.47 again atm).

Norton Antivirus 2005.
                  Spybot and AdAware SE.

That's pretty much all I can think of that could be related to this.

<Z>

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
                    What anti-virus do you use?
                    i want to know too...

Comment

This is what I get :

This program will install SCSI Through Direct (SPTD) layer on your computer.
                      Waarning - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers (soft-ice,Windbg etc.!)

Then I continue and I get the System file error

XP SP2
                      Symantec antivirus 2005

Comment

It has to do with the installation of the registry keys. When the sptd keys are installed, they get a "special" permission trigger, which does not allow any changes anymore. So after the reboot the installation is asking for, the next time the install program access the registry, it can't change it anymore.
                        Could somebody check the install script?

Comment

For the people that are having issues, try installing ccleaner and running its registry cleaner. Reboot and see if the problem is still there.

Comment

Possible Solution

I joined the forum just to share my experience and show exactly what I did to get around this error on install to maybe help some people.

Noteworthy installed apps:
                            1) Avast! Professional 4.5x AV
                            2) Microsoft Antispyware
                            3) Agnitum Outpost Firewall Professional 3.0x
                            -------------
                            1) Downloaded and ran 4.0 installer
                            2) Chose to upgrade old Daemon Tools to 4.0
                            3) It uninstalled older ver then I assume installed the sptd
                            4) It asked me in order to continue install I had to reboot.
                            5) Rebooted
                            6) Install continued. Chose "I Agree" Then "yes" then error message.
                            7) Disabled all 3 apps above from system tray and exited Outpost. Ran installed again. Still had error.
                            8) Reboot to Safe Mode (not hitting ESC to disable SPTD)
                            9) Ran install again. Same error.
                            10) Rebooted Safe Mode again this time hitting ESC on bootup to disable SPTD
                            11) Ran install again (where I assume it reinstalled the SPTD) and it asked me to reboot in order to continue install.
                            12) Reboot Normal Mode
                            13) Install ran again and completed without any problems and now 4.0 works fine.

It should be noted that at this stage (from step 12 on) Microsoft Antispyware had its agents disabled from my previous disabling of it in step 7 and Outpost Firewall was also still configured to Policy - Disable from when I changed it in step 7. Avast was back to regular operation.

---------------

Now that I've shown exactly what worked I'll throw some theories of what may work for others.

Method 1) Try rebooting normal mode but hit ESC on startup to disable STPD and try install again

Method 2) Try Safe mode and hit ESC on startup then continue from step 11 above.

From what I can gather the problem was probably caused by any combination of the following:

a) Outpost Firewall's antispyware stuff which watches the registry
                            b) Microsoft Antispyware's agents which watch the registry
                            c) Something strange about uninstalling older ver of Daemon Tools then having installer install STPD immediately instead of rebooting first then having it install STPD.
                            d) Avast Antivirus.

Hopefully this post will help someone out. Take care.
                            ToxMox
                            Last edited by ToxMox; 17.11.2005, 23:39.

Comment

Originally Posted by ToxMox

Hopefully this post will help someone out. Take care.
                              ToxMox
                              @ windows 2000 installed in "standard pc" but your tutorial wont work...

i tryed install DT 4 in safemode with disabled SPTD but the same error... "unable to add device. problem 12" or like this...
                              Last edited by renegade-ger; 18.11.2005, 08:23.

Comment

Originally Posted by renegade-ger
                                @ windows 2000 installed in "spandart pc" ur tutorial wont work...

i tryed install DT 4 in safemode with disabled SPTD but the same error... "unable to add device. problem 12" or like this...
                                That is a different error than I was getting. I had the same error as the OP. ("System File Error")

Comment

Working...
                                X