Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: XP don't switch to standby-mode

Default XP don't switch to standby-mode

I am running 3.29 on Windows XP Home Service Pack 1.
    As long as there are mounted drive(s) XP don't switch to Standby-Mode. Also everytime i start the pc, the mounted drives do 'autostart'.

Vauteer

I'm running winxp sp1, and standby works great (with or without mounted drives). Perhaps something is strange with your power managment?

The power managment seems to be ok. I had Virtual CD running before and there standby work, also the mounted cd's don't start automatic when the pc is powered on.
    Do you have any idea what could cause this autostart.

I have no idea why you get problems with standby. Maybe another member can help you.

As for your second problem of automounting. What do you mean they don't autostart? They aren't supposed to autostart. They should only auto-mount (ie, remain mounted in the drive).

maybe u have some problems with Plug&play? Do your physical CD-ROMs also autostart after reboot?
    A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.

Quote Originally Posted by Andareed
    As for your second problem of automounting. What do you mean they don't autostart? They aren't supposed to autostart. They should only auto-mount (ie, remain mounted in the drive).
    When I have a image mounted and restart the pc (automount = true) then the image is mounted, that is ok. But the mounted image(s) also perform a autostart and that is not supposed, isn't it ?
    For example: I have the warcraft3 cd mounted, when i restart the pc i always got the setup-screen of warcraft. With the physical drive autostart is only performed if i lay in the cd, but when i restart the pc, the cd don't start.
    Sorry for my bad english, I hope u understand me now.

Quote Originally Posted by NeTsurFer
    maybe u have some problems with Plug&play? Do your physical CD-ROMs also autostart after reboot?
    The physical Drives works normal(no autostart).

is there any hint in you system logs that states error with standby or system devices?
    A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.

Administrator

If your image is on the netwirk then in NT/2000/XP is will always autostart
    by design, because mounting is performed only after shell fully starts and user logons. Or your images are local?

Quote Originally Posted by VeNoM386
    If your image is on the netwirk then in NT/2000/XP is will always autostart
    by design, because mounting is performed only after shell fully starts and user logons. Or your images are local?
    Thx you got it, i had the images on the network. Now i copied them to a local drive and also standby works again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast