DT V4 X64 Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ManMountain
    Will [DTv4 x64] differ in functionality in any way from the currently released 32-bit version or will it offer the same featureset?
    It will have the same features as the 32bit version, the only difference is that it's made for WinXP x64.

Is there any intention to regularly update the status of the programs development?
    Probably not. Most of the stuff we're doing is bug fixing, and we cannot go into detail about what changed because the way DT works is (and must stay) secret so it remains as hard as possible to blacklist it.

My purchase of Daemon Tools is on the 64-bit factor alone. Please, don't dissapoint.
    We won't if you don't expect the impossible. If you read through the forums, you'll know what we announced DTv4 would be able to do, and you'll get exactly that. And hopefully by the end of the week.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

The ability to even use Daemon Tools in x64 is enough for me, all the added extra's that are intended to be included in DT Pro are a bonus.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it does get released this week, and that I'm able to access the customer forum to actually download it

Comment

I'm wating for x64 too, but already purchased 2 days ago (activate me plaese!! lol)
        ASUS A8N-SLI - A64 X2 4400+ @ 2500MHz(250x10) - 2x1GB DDR400 - GIGABYTE 7800GT @ 470/1200

Comment

Originally Posted by Dark Arbitor
          Since a bit is basically the presence (or lack of) of an electron, it technically does have a mass... albeit miniscule and practically amounting to nothing.

Arb
          There is a dutch word: zucht. In reply to you it would have made clear to you that i am not waiting on this kind of reply's. The same word also carries my feeling of pitty towards you, for not understanding the sarcasm in my reply.

If only i knew the correct translation for that word

Comment

babelfish tells me zucht = sigh

which sounds about right

Comment

I've come to notice that DTx64 is a shunned topic round here...but I kinda have a quick question about it... with it infact be a 64 bit program or will it be the 32 bit app that works with the 64 bit virtual driver? I ask this not doughting DT in any way..its just that every 64 bit app that I've used in win64 has been really crappy...and every 32 bit app I've run in winXPx64 has run wonderfully (excludeing drivers)
              so I guess my real problem is with windows... Just a stupid question =) (pls don hut me)
              thanks

~Ari~

Comment

To run true 64bit appz you gotta have machine such as 4 Gigs of memory and above, 3D appz, forget 7800GTX get a Quadro

Just installing x64 os on a x86 hardware ain't gonna change:wink:

Comment

i hope it works soon no matter how it works lol. i have just redone my system in x64 and i cant install any of my games or other programs. *begs software gods an answer*

Comment

ja also i must to say arishon has right ..., with the things in winxp64 the dtx64 it will be 100% 64bit compatible (let say), and not x32bit working in x64bit ???!?!!?!?!??

Comment

Originally Posted by AlienEater
                      To run true 64bit appz you gotta have machine such as 4 Gigs of memory and above, 3D appz, forget 7800GTX get a Quadro

lawl. Actually, running 64-bit games and programs fine with 2GB RAM and an X800XL

Comment

I understand why you delayed the release, but I can't wait until I get my hands on the 64bit version! I'll gladly put up with ads for such a great program! Keep us updated on the progress!

Comment

well I've been runiing 64 bit for about 2 months now and I am soo freaking tired of haveing switch cd's....and th 64 bit programs I was refering to earlier are the half coded crap windows programs that come with the instal.....at this point if DT came out with spyware I'd suck it up and install it just to have a mounting progam lol...

~Ari~

Comment

Originally Posted by AlienEater

LOL ^---------------- Doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

Comment

Originally Posted by Arishon
                              well I've been runiing 64 bit for about 2 months now and I am soo freaking tired of haveing switch cd's....and th 64 bit programs I was refering to earlier are the half coded crap windows programs that come with the instal.....at this point if DT came out with spyware I'd suck it up and install it just to have a mounting progam lol...

~Ari~
                              It should of been out by the end of the week, so i guess we have to wait for another day or two. =(
                              Good night.

Comment

The only working solution that I know of is using FantomDVD with virtualcdhide. Hardly ideal, but you can at least mount images till DT x64 is released.

Comment

Working...
                                X