DT V4 X64 Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by AlienEater
    To run true 64bit appz you gotta have machine such as 4 Gigs of memory and above, 3D appz, forget 7800GTX get a Quadro

Just installing x64 os on a x86 hardware ain't gonna change:wink:
    First of all, no... you don't need anything even close to 4GB of RAM and a 7800GTX to run 64-bit applications. Second, you can't install a 64-bit OS on 32-bit (x86) hardware. You have no idea what you are talking about.

That beind said, I'm also looking for an x64-compatable verison of DT. I could care less however if the entire thing is 64-bit or if only the driver is... i'd assume by the way Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works, you'd have to make the entire program 64-bit since it uses a 64-bit driver.

Comment

thanks man I never heard of those gunna try em...

Comment

Ive been using Fantom for a while now but it just doesnt want to play any games in the mds format so its a complete waste right now, virtualcdhide just gives me problems thats why I want Daemon back and Alcohol again I loved having 10 games mounted at once

Comment

I'd friggin pay for an x64 daemon tools at this point.

Comment

If you want to pay to support DT you can register it
            (14.49 / 15.95 $) and with that you will even get the customer version of DTv4 and DT Pro and also a virtual IDE drive which only customers will get (others - free edition - only gets an IDE-Jammer)...

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost_zero
              If you want to pay to support DT you can register it
              (14.49 / 15.95 $) and with that you will even get the customer version of DTv4 and DT Pro and also a virtual IDE drive which only customers will get (others - free edition - only gets an IDE-Jammer)...
              I don't think that's quiiite what he meant somehow

Comment

Originally Posted by fattony
                Ive been using Fantom for a while now but it just doesnt want to play any games in the mds format so its a complete waste right now, virtualcdhide just gives me problems thats why I want Daemon back and Alcohol again I loved having 10 games mounted at once
                Take Black and White 2 or Need for Speed Most Wanted, if you have Alcohol .mdf images, then you can convert them to .iso format, keep that image mounted, then run virtualcdhide. It works 100%.

How can virtualcdhide give you problems? It's flawless in operation here.

Comment

Most likely it will be a 32-bit DT with x64 compatible drivers. My AV I'm using (NOD32) does the same thing. The kernel drivers it uses are 64-bit, but the program itself is still 32-bit. A lot of developers are doing these hybrid programs currently. That way they only have to recode the drivers, not the actual application itself since they still need a 32-bit version for 32-bit Windows.

Comment

Originally Posted by ManMountain
                    Take Black and White 2 or Need for Speed Most Wanted, if you have Alcohol .mdf images, then you can convert them to .iso format, keep that image mounted, then run virtualcdhide. It works 100%.

How can virtualcdhide give you problems? It's flawless in operation here.

Dont tell any nonsense ManMountain...keep on telling the truth or give reasonable and helpful hints if you want to post in a forum...
                    If this has worked for you then you have tried it not under Win XP 64-bit Edition or you dont have actually tried it for yourself...if this worked for you please write me a pm and tell me with wich settings in alcohol you have created your image from your original disks...i have tried it too to convert mdf into iso , mount it with fantom and hided my drives with virtualcd...for me that doesnt work...

Comment

Of course it works for me in x64. x64 is my primary and only os on this system.

Either Alcohol or CloneCD, it doesn't matter, take said image and convert it using ultraiso to .iso format, mount in Fantom and run virtualcdhide.

Posting obnoxious statements won't receive much help from me.

Comment

Either Alcohol or CloneCD, it doesn't matter, take said image and convert it using ultraiso to .iso format, mount in Fantom and run virtualcdhide.

havent you read my answer? i tried it the same way you made it...but that doesnt work! maybe we could gather some other expierences...but i think there are 99% of users out there at wich this method wont work...the remaining 1% is you! .... curious ....

Comment

I also orderd The Pro version
                          for me the X64 Version is what i need
                          If U Read It U Can Keep It

Comment

It's true that you can mount images using Fantom DVD to mount the images you rip with UltraISO, but there is no possability of injecting the image with anti blacklisting tools such as safedisc.

I also thought that the dumbass talking about x64 versions of windows (Longhorn/Windows XP Media Centre Edition/Windows XP x64) on a 32 bit processor was funny.

Is there a possability of getting a download for just the SafeDisc 4 Hider that will run in x64 operating systems, for there are a few other mounting agents available on x64 operating systems.

Comment

i guess the question is obvious, they have been saying that it will come on this weekend. Well....Monday morning now.....any news? just to anious to know as looks liek most of us need DT for the x64 badly!

Comment

yap works for me too!

Comment

Working...
                                X