DT V4 X64 Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT V4 X64 Support?

I thought V4 was going to have X64 support yet this release doesnt. Does the pro version have X64 support?

That was the reason i was so excited about V4, i upgraded to X64 a while ago and have had massive performance increases, so i stayed with it, and i thought today, after all the delays, id finally have an amazing image mounting program. So i come and what do you know it doesnt support X64.

So do you guys have ANY idea when X64 is coming, is it several months away, or a week? As soon as you guys incorporate X64 im going to buy the PRO version of DT, and i was hoping that would be today.

If you had used the search function you would have found a bunch of threads like this.
    They have said that it will hopefully get released this week.

Comment

You might should read the release notes... I feared that this would be happening: people just don't read the release notes although it is written clear and BOLD on the first site that you should do before downloading...

There was written that it will come soon but first version won't have it, also that the first verison won't have the IDE-Jammer but that will come soon too...

Comment

The ability to even mount an image with protection emulation in x64 is all that I'm after for now. I'm sure I'm not alone.

I don't care about the promised additional features right now, I just want the basic DT4 to work in x64 as it does in 32-bit XP.

Comment

you dont even have to search. just look at the damn forums for about 3 seconds. sheesh.

Comment

Originally Posted by ManMountain
            I don't care about the promised additional features right now, I just want the basic DT4 to work in x64 as it does in 32-bit XP.
            You're absolutely entitled to do that. But unfortunately, the x64 wasn't completely finished when the i386 version was.

Should we have delayed the i386 version because the x64 one still needed some time? That way the x64 people would have gained exactly nothing while everybody using a 32bit Windows would've had to wait unnecessarily.

We're working as hard as we can on finishing the x64 version. We really hope that we'll have it released by the end of the week.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by ManMountain
              The ability to even mount an image with protection emulation in x64 is all that I'm after for now. I'm sure I'm not alone.

I'm sure like a good few of us Manmountain is just eagre to reap the benefit of all you guys hard work, it's much appreciated. I don't think the intended meanding was for a posponement of the x32 version.

On the adware aspect of it, do you guys have a section where you would accept donations for the use of your product, keeping it freeware is a challenge enough so I dont see why you should'nt be awarded with public generosity for your work over the past few years.

Affro.

Comment

In regards to donations if you want to do it all at once it is most easily accomplished by buying a license for $15.95 and if you already have become a registered customer buy one for a friend. It's the preferred system we have right now and we really appreciate our users and customers who want to show their support.

The second way to donate is to install the DAEMON Tools Searchbar (if you don't mind its use). Its a more subtle method but nonetheless appreciated!
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

you know yourself, you have a large community of users who use your application, I feel that a donation option would have been a much better solution, if for no other reason tha it would have allowed you to bypass and not include the adware app that (yes I know it's optional) many people will give you heat over.

Fro.

Comment

And if you buy the license you will get DT Pro too - at the time it will get released...

Comment

Dont get me wrong, the instant I can use it with X64 I'll be purchasing it, I was having a conversation with a friend over it's usage, we must have mounted thoushands of disc's over the time weve been using it - worth it's weight in gold.

Affro.

Comment

Whilst it's great to hear that a 64-bit version will indeed be released later this week hopefully, can you give some more information about that release?

For instance, will it differ in functionality in any way from the currently released 32-bit version or will it offer the same featureset?

Is there any intention to regularly update the status of the programs development? Perhaps a dedicated read-only section where developers can leave their blog? Of course, the Announcements section would be ideal if it where actually updated more often and included more specific details on individual components progresses.

My purchase of Daemon Tools is on the 64-bit factor alone. Please, don't dissapoint.

Comment

Originally Posted by Affro
                          Dont get me wrong, the instant I can use it with X64 I'll be purchasing it, I was having a conversation with a friend over it's usage, we must have mounted thoushands of disc's over the time weve been using it - worth it's weight in gold.

Affro.

But... But.. Bits don't have a mass :P

Comment

Originally Posted by KingOfRnR
                            But... But.. Bits don't have a mass :P
                            Since a bit is basically the presence (or lack of) of an electron, it technically does have a mass... albeit miniscule and practically amounting to nothing.

Arb

Comment

Yes also waiting for the wonderfull x64 version since only
                              1 iso mounter works now...i know ya all doin the best
                              thanks so far..plz hurry
                              If U Read It U Can Keep It

Comment

Working...
                              X