Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: DT4 and Starforce

I have now read some more info about the subject and concluded that threre is some kind of incompatibility between daemontools 4 and nvidia raid drivers.

I just tried to mount the image from my USB 2.0 externa drive and it worked perfectly when the IDE-controller was disabled. So obviously Starforce does something through daemontools which results in instant reboot if the image resides on an nvidia raid partition. However if you mount the same image on an USB drive (or maybe an IDE based drive) it works perfectly...

Default Same Problem

Same problem, same board. As I have tried to launch some of starforce protected games, I received hard boot w/o bluescreen. I've got the same A8X-SLI board with NVRAID on it and I can hardly test the games at some IDE drive... haven't got one anymore.
    Some more info:
    Athlon 64 X2; A8X-SLI; 2x6800GT; NVRAID0; WinXP Pro (32)

i have athlon xp 64 3200+ with abit ax8 v2.0 mainboard...

iґve connected my rw drives via the onboard raid controller and i just have to mount the isos by using dt4 and no more disconnecting cables....

everything works fine without any emulation....

and it works with all protections

btw the mainbaord does have via kt 890 chipset

regards,

hans

iґve connected my rw drives via the onboard raid controller and i just have to mount the isos by using dt4 and no more disconnecting cables....
    Do you really mean ISO Images? I think this wouldn't work, or do you mean an Alcohol 120% Image (mds,mdf).

Same problem here. I have Gigabyte KT880, 2 IDE HDD, no CD/DVD. Any game secure with starforce caused reebot system. Only way to play this game is USB2.0 external drive.

Awesome my usb drive is working perfect! No more crashes during load! Thanks people

BTW is there a 2 day lag before posts go through?!
    Last edited by evolart@hotmail.com : 06.12.2005 at 22:26

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12