Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: DT4 and Starforce

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ok, so here's my issue. It seems i am getting reboot whenever i try to use my working image file of SCCT. It was working with DT 3.47 and sfcure, but now with DT4 my computer just hard boots.

i attempted to stop it from rebooting from the BSOD, but it STILL reboots! i have no idea what's going on but it does not seem to be doing a mini memory dump either. It looks like i'll have to format completely and start from scratch.

anybody else have a similar problem?
    Athlon X2 3800
    2gb DDR400
    6800nu -> 16x6
    2x160 SATA Raid, 160gb + 80gb + 80gb IDE

Did you check this thread?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

New User

Same problem here, launching the exe for X3 results in starforce cd check getting to about 1/3, stopping for a bit, and instarebooting. No bluescreen, no log, no system event. I have my computer set to not reboot on bluescreens, so this is something wierd. Only happens when I unplug the drives.

i'm sorry i didn't make myself clear in the first post.

yes, daemon tools 4 installs perfectly. i can mount images and so forth, however...

when i try to mount an image that has starforce protection, my computer just reboots. It ONLY happens with starforce games.

Even if i set my computer not to reboot on a system crash, it still reboots! it's as if i've pressed the reset button... although strange thing, it doesn't even create a minidump!!!!!

I know the images are fine, i made them myself from my original copies. Also, my system is not overclocked at all and system stability is not an issue.

Civ4 however is working perfectly however... and thank you for all your efforts, it is much appreciated

... just one last second thought... could nlite be the problem? i used it to remove usless things like moviemaker, but did not remove a single driver or service so i didn't really give it much thought. i'll try DT4 on a completely clean system later this week when i have the time.
    Athlon X2 3800
    2gb DDR400
    6800nu -> 16x6

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxide
    i'm sorry i didn't make myself clear in the first post.

yes, daemon tools 4 installs perfectly. i can mount images and so forth, however...

when i try to mount an image that has starforce protection, my computer just reboots. It ONLY happens with starforce games.

Even if i set my computer not to reboot on a system crash, it still reboots! it's as if i've pressed the reset button... although strange thing, it doesn't even create a minidump!!!!!

I know the images are fine, i made them myself from my original copies. Also, my system is not overclocked at all and system stability is not an issue.

Civ4 however is working perfectly however... and thank you for all your efforts, it is much appreciated

... just one last second thought... could nlite be the problem? i used it to remove usless things like moviemaker, but did not remove a single driver or service so i didn't really give it much thought. i'll try DT4 on a completely clean system later this week when i have the time.
    same problem here with X3

This worked for me, take it or leave it:

turn off your computer

disconnect CD/DVD IDE cable(s)

restart

load image (I'm using X3) with D4

works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by medicrx
    This worked for me, take it or leave it:

turn off your computer

disconnect CD/DVD IDE cable(s)

restart

load image (I'm using X3) with D4

works like a charm!
    I don't have any CD/DVD IDE!
    the only drive i have is a usb. i've tried disconnecting that as well. thanks for the tip though
    Athlon X2 3800
    2gb DDR400
    6800nu -> 16x6