Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Disappointment

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Eight-8all
    how come they took so long to create a program wich is just a copy of something they ALREADY HAVE! still... I hope they will improve it soon!
    but deamon tools is stil my favorite disc-emulator!:wink:
    Daemon Tools v4 is not a copy of v3.47.
    DT v4 is completely rebuilded from scratch.

You all let you fool from the GUI... but DT is not the GUI... the GUI is just needed... what DT is, can't be seen and that has been completely re-written..

and as far as I know x64-Version is still planed this week or at least next week but not longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Methadon
    Daemon Tools v4 is not a copy of v3.47.
    DT v4 is completely rebuilded from scratch.
    well it's exactly the same! nothing different! they would make it so that starforce images would work! didn't happen! it was going to have a completely new layout, didn't happen it's exactly the same! the only ting that changed is the name!
    A women is like a hurricane, it start wet and heavy and when it's over you've lost your house

New User

I'm using this one. Works wonders.
    http://www.winimage.com/misc/filedisk64.htm

Well they will at the IDE - Jammer soon so you dont need to unplug youre drives anymore
    I am your father

Experienced User

well it's exactly the same! nothing different! they would make it so that starforce images would work! didn't happen! it was going to have a completely new layout, didn't happen it's exactly the same! the only ting that changed is the name!
    Daemon Tools v4 supports starforce! Daemon Tools v3.47 is blacklisted by starforce but v4 is not!
    But you have to unplug your optical IDE drives because starforce and many other copy protections has blacklisted SCSI drives. And it was never said that v4 was going to have a new layout, I think it's perfect as it is now, smal and very convenient. DT Pro is going to look diffrent, maybe you have mixed that up.

I don't even think there is any idea explaining this to you, it seems like you don't want to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Methadon
    Daemon Tools v4 supports starforce! Daemon Tools v3.47 is blacklisted by starforce but v4 is not!
    But you have to unplug your optical IDE drives because starforce and many other copy protections has blacklisted SCSI drives. And it was never said that v4 was going to have a new layout, I think it's perfect as it is now, smal and very convenient. DT Pro is going to look diffrent, maybe you have mixed that up.

I don't even think there is any idea explaining this to you, it seems like you don't want to understand.
    haha. I do wan't to but the thing is: I saw a lott of screenshots of how it was going to look! but if u say i might be mixed up with pro then maybe I am! sorry, thanks for the info!
    A women is like a hurricane, it start wet and heavy and when it's over you've lost your house

Experienced User

haha. I do wan't to but the thing is: I saw a lott of screenshots of how it was going to look! but if u say i might be mixed up with pro then maybe I am! sorry, thanks for the info!
    There was no screenshot of v4 before the release of it but there is a screenshot of the Pro version,
    so it was probably that one you saw.

Experienced User

^^ Methedon is right, DT4 Free has the same interface as DT3, DT4 Pro will have an interactive "Pro" interface with more features.

DT4 was written from the ground up. The only thing the same on DT4 Free is the "GUI" Graphical User Interface (what you can see)

The DT Drivers ect.. (Things you cannot see, Engine) Was re-written from scratch.

Laugh if you will, but the interface (GUI) itself is not DT, it is only a small peice of DT that allows control of the Driver/Engine.
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

One thing that bothers me.

Why did you decide to rewrite the SCSI driver if you know very well it is blacklisted?

It doesn't make sense to me, since DT is all about the driver and picking SCSI where from the beginning you knew it is blacklisted is weird.

I can honestly understand the majority that are disappointed.

Removing only blacklisting isn't sufficent and should have been done way sooner. I can also understand the presure you were under when you set a release date, so I'm not complaining about the release and I'm happy it's done.

But I really wish you will change your release policy in the future. I think this kind of software is all about speed and who gets who quicker. Just check how often does SF make new versions.

If a protection blacklists new daemon tools, release a quick update and as many as you need. Due to extreme lenght between 3.47 and 4.00 we've seen many applications rise that tried to fill in the gaps. I think it's time to become more serious and I hope your business policy will allow it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast