Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ghost_zero
    lol... you are of course right, BUT:

I think you know what I meant, don't you??
    Yep. That's why I went into smart-ass mode!
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Originally Posted by darkthunder
      Very simple reason for the disappointment is that it was said a long time ago that v4.0 would have 64bit support. Thus when 4.0 got released everyone assumed 64bit support would be included. We've waited many months for 64bit support in Daemon Tools, and got a bit disappointed when the new version didnt have it... yet. And now it may take many months more before we have 64bit support.
      bullshit. it will take only few additional days.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
        The development of DTv4 was started long before the first SCSI blacklist appeared.
        Well, your work and probably from others caused a extreme decision from protection developers to blacklist all SCSI devices. You should be proud

Thanks for reply. But you missed one question. Can we expect a lot faster updates if DT (whatever version) gets blacklisted?

I imagine doing SCSI was easier and IDE a lot harder. But what about USB2, Firewire? I think they should be on similar level as SCSI. Any they wouldn't dare banning either.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
          bullshit. it will take only few additional days.
          Well, these few additional days are already 1.5 Weeks, it would be very nice if its really a few days, a month, a year or if you don't even have a 64bit DDK :P

I really appreciate your work, but I cant see the ISOBuster extraction Dialog anymore... ;-)

If you release the x64 Version this week, I probably will register it

Comment

Well, we already got a fast release and some were happier then others. I think this time the application has to do what it is supposed to do: bypass most protections.
            X64 support is of course another issue.

Comment

we will release it soon - very soon. Maybe even surprisingly
              sooner then most of the complainers here expected.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                we will release it soon - very soon. Maybe even surprisingly
                sooner then most of the complainers here expected.
                Does that mean for X64 support and/or IDE jammer as well?

Comment

Originally Posted by Vampirtc
                  Does that mean for X64 support and/or IDE jammer as well?
                  that's a stupid question about the ide jammer. He said in his post about it that he hadn't tested it ... so why would it be released already?

As for the x64 support, I am a little dissapointed in the matter that it is not here yet, however I am in much anticipation of it's arrival. You guys do great work and I will register once x64 comes out.

Thanks again for all your hard work! (I don't care about if it breaks the protections, i just want it to mount my everyday images...heh)

Comment

does anyone know if the 64 bit edition will support safedisc 4.6 like on civilization iv, or will there be a safedisc hider released for 64 bit editions of windows?

Comment

waiting...

Wow this has the most responses on this page and since Daemon Tools v4 x64 isn't out I have spent my last weeks huddled in the dark corner of my room waiting for it to come out. please hurry im running out of food. jk

Comment

okay if it only takes a few days to convert your code to 64 bit do it. filedisk is crap (you cant even change cds during install). im getting sick of locutus saying how soon stuff is coming and blaming it on emails about releases ( no offence ) just hurry. if alcohol goes 64 bit first u'll loose alot of fanbase.

Comment

Originally Posted by Pdiddy
                          okay if it only takes a few days to convert your code to 64 bit do it. filedisk is crap (you cant even change cds during install). im getting sick of locutus saying how soon stuff is coming and blaming it on emails about releases ( no offence ) just hurry. if alcohol goes 64 bit first u'll loose alot of fanbase.
                          I don't believe A120% can go x64 until it has x64 DT coding. (It is licensed to used DT, so need the new code to use it)

And hurry? Hurry and support DT.. only $15.95 USD. If anything, I think alot of people are sick of hearing people complain who don't even support DT

And lose fanbase? I doubt it.. Don't care what version of A120% comes out. DT is the "BASE" of Alcohol 120%.
                          No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

I'm one of those people who hasn't registered specfically BECAUSE I run Windows XP x64 and can't use it. Given that we're nearing the end of November, the original release date was "sometime in October" (ended up being delayed till mid-November, with no real new features over 3.47), and that we had been told for a long time that "Daemon Tools v4 will have x64 support", I'm specifically waiting until daemon tools is released with x64 support before I lay down my money.

The day x64 support is released they will have my money, but given all the delays I'm not sure I want to spend it just yet, just in case the "just a few days" moves out into the "weeks, months or even years" area some people seem to fear.

Comment

foot in mouth hehe good job guys, i can finaly format my drives and go back to 64 bit

Comment

@Schadrach: frankly spoken, we get every day hundreds of
                                that emails where people tell us that they will buy DT - IF,
                                yes, IF we support X64.

Ok, finally, now it is here. Now we will seen soon who only
                                talked about it (so we hurry a little bit more) and the real
                                honest people. And my opinion about it: people forget about
                                it very fast - as long as everything they have work properly. I bet only a few will do it - not even 20 customers
                                to add because of X64.

Comment

Working...
                                X