Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: SR7.Stop does not work with DT4.0

StarForce, SecuROM... doesn't matter, they all block SCSI drives if optical IDE drives are found so you need to hide your optical IDE drives.

You can either do that with StarForce Nightmare or by unplugging the power cables from your CD/DVD drives.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

I know Anti-Blaxx is not to recommend, but it works with DT4.
    Click here to visit my website.]

well it seems that Methadon is in love with starforce that he thinks all protections are starforce and any protection needs to disable the ide
    DUDE you are in the real world the matrix is booom wake up and read the whole threads not all games are starforce

and Nestan for me i removed alcohol 120 and now sr7stop works fine with me
    Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
    MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

You need to settle down, yacbos. I'm not even sure which copy protection Path of Neo uses, but maybe Methadon just made a mistake...? Happens, doesn't it? And for newer games that use StarForce, you almost always have to actually unplug your IDE optical drives.

Arb

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by yacbos
    well it seems that Methadon is in love with starforce that he thinks all protections are starforce and any protection needs to disable the ide
    DUDE you are in the real world the matrix is booom wake up and read the whole threads not all games are starforce

and Nestan for me i removed alcohol 120 and now sr7stop works fine with me
    I'm quoting myself: "For starforce games you will have to unplugg your IDE drives, either with SFN or manually".
    I thought Path of Neo was a starforce game, I know i made a mistake. But why should that mean that I am in love with starforce? And why should that mean that I think that every game has starforce protection?

With v4 it's a must to unplug your IDE drives with the games that has a protection that has blacklisted SCSI drives.
    And it's not only starforce that have blacklisted SCSI drives.

@yacbos:

Yes... Alcohol 120% is still blacklisted... if you have it installed and DTv4 installed, you will not get the benefits of DTv4... e.g. ProtectCD won't work...

Default Rolling back

Quote Originally Posted by Nestan
    We are talking about securerom 7 games not starforce, and it worked just fine with the prior release of DaemonTools. The only problem now is that SR7.Stop cant hide any of my virtual drives as it does not see them anymore. I am considering rolling back to the old version until Daemon Tools is updated or a new version of SR7.Stop releases that supports DT4
    Yep no choice...gotta go back to good ol 3.47. Too bad really...but I'm not re-working tried and tested solutions. DT4 is the new kid on the block and gets the cold shoulder. Rulesofdagame.

Default ...

I just want to say that Methadon is not wrong in saying to disable your IDE drives. SecuROM 7.xx, Safedisc on Quake 4, and Starforce all will play from the virtual drive on DAEMON Tools 4 if the protection thinks you've no optical IDE drives present.

I also agree with ghost_zero, you've to find any programs on your computer that could be blacklisted (CloneCD, PlayBackup, Alcohol, etc.) or else you might think the error message has something to do with not properly configuring DAEMON Tools 4.

And mmmmiiiicccc, do what works for you but you should think about looking into the steps for manually applying registry permissions that are discussed often enough in this forum.
    Last edited by Underheaven : 16.11.2005 at 19:44
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

New User

At first ,sorry for my bad english as i am french.

To make securom 7 games works with dt4, it is very simple.
    The only thing the protection look for in the register is the key "mounted devices". stop using antiblaxx, SR7 stop or starforce nightmare. No need to unplug your IDE Drives. The thing to do:
    Download Antiblah, edit the two .bat concerning your language an add this line in the on.bat first:

subinacl.exe /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" /deny=administrateurs=r

Change "administrateurs" by the one of your country, ex for english : administrators

And then for the off.bat

subinacl.exe /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" /grant=administrateurs=f

Now for play , just click on the on.bat before playing. And after playing click on the off.bat

More you can integrate this in an script that do all things : protect against the securom, mount the image , and after unprotect

That's all.
    Hope this can be usefull for all of you
    Last edited by DuNe : 16.11.2005 at 21:38

Lol, do you like to repeat yourself?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast