SR7.Stop does not work with DT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR7.Stop does not work with DT4.0

I have upgraded all of my systems to Daemon Tools 4.0 hoping that the need to use SR7.Stop and Sd4hide would cease. Sd4hide still works as do the games that require it, However now I can not play any securerom 7 games without using the original disc because SR7.Stop does not work with DT4. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do to solve this problem. Is there going to be a new version of SR7.Stop thats DT4 compatable or is daemontools going to get a small update soon making it not necessary?

You can play securom games by deactivating your ide drives in device manager.
    Now you only have to mount the image and start the game. That's because of the scsi blacklisting, but dt 4 isn't blacklisted, yet.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Nope

I have the same problem and it doesn't work, i tried disabling the drives in device manager and i cant play path of neo

Comment

Originally Posted by Illumina15
        I have the same problem and it doesn't work, i tried disabling the drives in device manager and i cant play path of neo
        For starforce games you will have to unplugg your IDE drives, either with SFN or manually.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
          For starforce games you will have to unplugg your IDE drives, either with SFN or manually.
          Yup, Methadon is correct, and some will refuse to run even if just disabled in SFN, this is because some newer ones are able to detect drives that are pysically connected regardless if they are enabled or not. Even when disabled, they are still visible to the Windows API, so they are visible to anything that can query them.
          No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

thx

ok thx i will give that a try, but why does it work with 3.47, is it something to do with version 4 not having an IDE-Jammer?

Comment

i unplugged the power cable from both drives and still askes for original disk, the image works with 3.47 but just not with version 4, any other suggestions?

Comment

windows API

Dllfile, not that it makes any difference but its a driver level thing not Windows API or SPTI
                Last edited by Underheaven; 16.11.2005, 01:34.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon

hello the dude is speakin about matrix the path of neo wich means securom 7 not starforce at all and yes i got the same problem and i must use sr7stop to play it
                  Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                  MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

We are talking about securerom 7 games not starforce, and it worked just fine with the prior release of DaemonTools. The only problem now is that SR7.Stop cant hide any of my virtual drives as it does not see them anymore. I am considering rolling back to the old version until Daemon Tools is updated or a new version of SR7.Stop releases that supports DT4

Comment

StarForce, SecuROM... doesn't matter, they all block SCSI drives if optical IDE drives are found so you need to hide your optical IDE drives.

You can either do that with StarForce Nightmare or by unplugging the power cables from your CD/DVD drives.
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I know Anti-Blaxx is not to recommend, but it works with DT4.
                        Click here to visit my website.]

Comment

well it seems that Methadon is in love with starforce that he thinks all protections are starforce and any protection needs to disable the ide
                          DUDE you are in the real world the matrix is booom wake up and read the whole threads not all games are starforce

and Nestan for me i removed alcohol 120 and now sr7stop works fine with me
                          Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                          MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

You need to settle down, yacbos. I'm not even sure which copy protection Path of Neo uses, but maybe Methadon just made a mistake...? Happens, doesn't it? And for newer games that use StarForce, you almost always have to actually unplug your IDE optical drives.

Arb

Comment

Originally Posted by yacbos
                              well it seems that Methadon is in love with starforce that he thinks all protections are starforce and any protection needs to disable the ide
                              DUDE you are in the real world the matrix is booom wake up and read the whole threads not all games are starforce

and Nestan for me i removed alcohol 120 and now sr7stop works fine with me
                              I'm quoting myself: "For starforce games you will have to unplugg your IDE drives, either with SFN or manually".
                              I thought Path of Neo was a starforce game, I know i made a mistake. But why should that mean that I am in love with starforce? And why should that mean that I think that every game has starforce protection?

With v4 it's a must to unplug your IDE drives with the games that has a protection that has blacklisted SCSI drives.
                              And it's not only starforce that have blacklisted SCSI drives.

Comment

Working...
                              X