Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: SR7.Stop does not work with DT4.0

New User

I have upgraded all of my systems to Daemon Tools 4.0 hoping that the need to use SR7.Stop and Sd4hide would cease. Sd4hide still works as do the games that require it, However now I can not play any securerom 7 games without using the original disc because SR7.Stop does not work with DT4. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do to solve this problem. Is there going to be a new version of SR7.Stop thats DT4 compatable or is daemontools going to get a small update soon making it not necessary?

You can play securom games by deactivating your ide drives in device manager.
    Now you only have to mount the image and start the game. That's because of the scsi blacklisting, but dt 4 isn't blacklisted, yet.

Default Nope

I have the same problem and it doesn't work, i tried disabling the drives in device manager and i cant play path of neo

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Illumina15
    I have the same problem and it doesn't work, i tried disabling the drives in device manager and i cant play path of neo
    For starforce games you will have to unplugg your IDE drives, either with SFN or manually.

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by Methadon
    For starforce games you will have to unplugg your IDE drives, either with SFN or manually.
    Yup, Methadon is correct, and some will refuse to run even if just disabled in SFN, this is because some newer ones are able to detect drives that are pysically connected regardless if they are enabled or not. Even when disabled, they are still visible to the Windows API, so they are visible to anything that can query them.
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Default thx

ok thx i will give that a try, but why does it work with 3.47, is it something to do with version 4 not having an IDE-Jammer?

i unplugged the power cable from both drives and still askes for original disk, the image works with 3.47 but just not with version 4, any other suggestions?

Default windows API

Dllfile, not that it makes any difference but its a driver level thing not Windows API or SPTI
    Last edited by Underheaven : 16.11.2005 at 00:34
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Quote Originally Posted by Methadon

hello the dude is speakin about matrix the path of neo wich means securom 7 not starforce at all and yes i got the same problem and i must use sr7stop to play it
    Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
    MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

New User

We are talking about securerom 7 games not starforce, and it worked just fine with the prior release of DaemonTools. The only problem now is that SR7.Stop cant hide any of my virtual drives as it does not see them anymore. I am considering rolling back to the old version until Daemon Tools is updated or a new version of SR7.Stop releases that supports DT4

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast