SR7.Stop does not work with DT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@yacbos:

Yes... Alcohol 120% is still blacklisted... if you have it installed and DTv4 installed, you will not get the benefits of DTv4... e.g. ProtectCD won't work...

Comment

Rolling back

Originally Posted by Nestan
      We are talking about securerom 7 games not starforce, and it worked just fine with the prior release of DaemonTools. The only problem now is that SR7.Stop cant hide any of my virtual drives as it does not see them anymore. I am considering rolling back to the old version until Daemon Tools is updated or a new version of SR7.Stop releases that supports DT4
      Yep no choice...gotta go back to good ol 3.47. Too bad really...but I'm not re-working tried and tested solutions. DT4 is the new kid on the block and gets the cold shoulder. Rulesofdagame.

Comment

I just want to say that Methadon is not wrong in saying to disable your IDE drives. SecuROM 7.xx, Safedisc on Quake 4, and Starforce all will play from the virtual drive on DAEMON Tools 4 if the protection thinks you've no optical IDE drives present.

I also agree with ghost_zero, you've to find any programs on your computer that could be blacklisted (CloneCD, PlayBackup, Alcohol, etc.) or else you might think the error message has something to do with not properly configuring DAEMON Tools 4.

And mmmmiiiicccc, do what works for you but you should think about looking into the steps for manually applying registry permissions that are discussed often enough in this forum.
        Last edited by Underheaven; 16.11.2005, 20:44.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

At first ,sorry for my bad english as i am french.

To make securom 7 games works with dt4, it is very simple.
          The only thing the protection look for in the register is the key "mounted devices". stop using antiblaxx, SR7 stop or starforce nightmare. No need to unplug your IDE Drives. The thing to do:
          Download Antiblah, edit the two .bat concerning your language an add this line in the on.bat first:

subinacl.exe /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" /deny=administrateurs=r

Change "administrateurs" by the one of your country, ex for english : administrators

And then for the off.bat

subinacl.exe /keyreg "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices" /grant=administrateurs=f

Now for play , just click on the on.bat before playing. And after playing click on the off.bat

More you can integrate this in an script that do all things : protect against the securom, mount the image , and after unprotect

That's all.
          Hope this can be usefull for all of you
          Last edited by DuNe; 16.11.2005, 22:38.

Comment

Lol, do you like to repeat yourself?

Comment

Originally Posted by Chris2547
              Lol, do you like to repeat yourself?
              Sorry lol, first time i post on this forum and my reply did not appear.now i know. sorry for inconvenience

Comment

He like many others probably doesn't know that their post needs to be moderated before they show up.

Comment

About my last post. MountedDevices is already in antiblah, but you can use this method if use alcohol too. in that way, add a line to mask "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alcohol Soft".

This method works for alcohol and old D-Tool.

Works fine with all securom 7 games i have. And it is the solution for Fear update 1.02 to work with this softwares.

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that I ran into the same problem, and that VirtualCDHide works for me.

I've tried it with Path of Neo (SecuROM 7.00.00.0014), and it ran flawlessly after setting it to Windows 2000 compatibility mode.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dark Arbitor
                      You need to settle down, yacbos. I'm not even sure which copy protection Path of Neo uses, but maybe Methadon just made a mistake...? Happens, doesn't it? And for newer games that use StarForce, you almost always have to actually unplug your IDE optical drives.

Arb
                      well am sure it uses SecuROM 7.00.00.0014
                      if you dont belive it go scan it but am extremly sure
                      Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                      MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
                        I'm quoting myself: "For starforce games you will have to unplugg your IDE drives, either with SFN or manually".
                        I thought Path of Neo was a starforce game, I know i made a mistake. But why should that mean that I am in love with starforce? And why should that mean that I think that every game has starforce protection?

With v4 it's a must to unplug your IDE drives with the games that has a protection that has blacklisted SCSI drives.
                        And it's not only starforce that have blacklisted SCSI drives.

sorry mate didnt mean to offense you
                        accept my appologie
                        Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                        MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Originally Posted by yacbos
                          sorry mate didnt mean to offense you
                          accept my appologie
                          It's ok, I didn't get offended.
                          No need to apology.

Comment

Originally Posted by yacbos
                            well am sure it uses SecuROM 7.00.00.0014
                            if you dont belive it go scan it but am extremly sure
                            That wasn't the point of my reply. It's obvious that PoN doesn't use StarForce, I was just saying that you shouldn't get flustered when Methadon makes a simple mistake or says something in the wrong manner.

Arb

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                              And mmmmiiiicccc, do what works for you but you should think about looking into the steps for manually applying registry permissions that are discussed often enough in this forum.
                              My days of registry editing ended long ago. I have decided to revert back to a simpler existence and making grunting noises and scream like a chimp wildly flailing my arms at my machine when MY GAME DOESN'T PLAY. Now BF2 crashes whenever DT4 is installed. *sigh*

I think it is great that SF has been overcome for the time being. I mean...wow...it actually works!!! It is just going to take a little more time to iron things out and I can wait.

Comment

i need a little help here, i cant start Battlefront 2 now with DT4 becuse i cant use SR7stop to hide the devices and antiblah doesnt exist in my language so i cant play Battlefront 2 anymore

what should i do?

Comment

Working...
                                X