Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEAR 1.02 with DT4

Hi
    I tried to play FEAR with DT4 using the latest patch 1.02 from a clone and all I get is Insert correct CD/DVD. I mention that I own the cd version. Is there a solution here? Is it possible that the image I made doesn't have a good DPM data in it? My dvd drive is not that great.
    Thank you!
    So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Have you tried if it works with your IDE drive disconnected?

Comment

Yup. First I disconnected my drives with Starforce Nightmare, and I saw that it didn't work, so I unplugged them. It still doesn't work. I also used the registry hack with DT 3 before.
      Maybe the CD version doesn't work with DT from patch 1.01 up. Anyway, it seems that I have to use the original, which I hate.
      Any thoughts?

Comment

Did your image work with the previous version of F.E.A.R (1.01)?

Comment

I bought the game a week ago, and I didn't try it with 1.01. I'll try to see if it works and let you know.

Comment

Ok. Fresh install of FEAR. Updated to 1.01, mounted the clone in DT4, and I still get Incorect CD/DVD message.
            It doesn't work.

Comment

Works fine here !

Works fine here !
              You have to disable your IDE Drives Propperly !

Greetz
              nabelo

Comment

I did that. All my drives are unplugged. What version of the game do you have? CD or the DVD version? I myself have the CD one.

Comment

!!

I have the DVD version.
                  Plz not only unplug your devices. You have to disable the IDE Controler in the devicemanager also !!

Greetz
                  nabelo

Comment

I think that you didn't create you image correctly, how did you create it?

Comment

As I said I have the cd version of the game. The play disc is CD5 after which I have a MDF image created with Alcohol using the proper profile (as said on this forum).

Comment

Oh yes, I saw it now.
                        The problem probably is as you said, that you doesn't have a good DPM data on your image.

Comment

As I read the site rules, my hope is gone. No request of any kind so I'll try to make the image with a borrwed drive.

Comment

1.02 works fine here, for that matter, been playing 1.02 since 3.47 anyhow.. Using a few tools of course, but it works without tools in DT4, I have my DVD drive uinplugged however, not sure if that makes any difference for this game, but it works for me.
                            No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Fear 1.02 works as well. The only thing i must do is to 'Disable CD' in Starforce Nightmare.

Please note: You have to finish the Tool itself, after that you must close the sfn. Then you shuld be able to play your game.
                              If not, you have not the right image-files.

And yes, DT4.00 is very ok, not for all but it's able to use for all my games (quake, fear, the suffering). Others i cant test atm, because the hdd is full ;-)
                              Huch, sagte ich neulich, als ich mich erschreckt habe.

Comment

Working...
                              X