No announcement yet.

FEAR 1.02 with DT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I needed help on my problem as well. Reading this thread it seems many are doing just fine I am not.

This is what I've got going on:

DT 4.0 installed
    Fear installed
    1.02 patch in.

I try to run the game and get nothing. The game doesn't give splash screen. No errors. It just does nothing. It will give a little CD icon for a second and then the DVD drive spins for a second. So no game.

I also have ANYdvd on this computer, but I disabled it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Avogadro
      It will give a little CD icon for a second and then the DVD drive spins for a second. So no game.
      It seems you havent the original Medium. You cant play from a CD/DVD-copy. So what you have to do is almost written above: disconnect the DVD/CD-Devices. ALL you have.
      Then mount a miniimage with daemontools and you should able to play with patch 1.02. If not, you can try sd4hide (try to google).
      But i write it again: all hints are written above are working - some you must combine.
      Huch, sagte ich neulich, als ich mich erschreckt habe.

Comment

Thank you for your help! I actually rebooted twice after getting rid of dtools 4.0 again. Disabled anydvd rebooted. Then, FEAR ran just fine. went and installed DT 4.0 again. And It still works. Seems as if things are okay again!

I thank you for your time to try to help!

Avo

Comment

Originally Posted by Avogadro
          Thank you for your help!
          Thats cool, you are one of the fews, who takes the time to say 'thank you' :-)

But if you read above, there are two tools:

sfn = starforce Nightmare
          sd4hide = SafeDisc Hider

For sfn you must know, its sometimes on some machines not like on others. So the tool will disconnect all the ide-devices if you dont know what to do.
          If you get sfn then you ONLY have to pres ONCE on disable CD and wait until in the title bare Processing .. will disappear. Then you close the tool and should be able to play like you unplugged the devices by the hand.

For sd4hide take a look:

It is not so heavy like sfn but not all games work with them (because its for SAFEDISC)

:-)
          Hope you dont fuck up you System..

If you could get back your Devices, feel free to contact me again :-) There is always a way to get it back :-)

Comment

dunno how often i said this, but FEAR 1.02 is bugged.

if the game doesnt do anything, check your running processes - if fear.exe is running, kill it, disconnect you from internet, start it again.

check the official forums of fear, this bug is not only a "mounted image" problem

Comment

Originally Posted by Smoky
              dunno how often i said this, but FEAR 1.02 is bugged.
              I've read it the first time. I've got no problems, my DVD works even my image :-)

Have a nice day.

Comment

I've spent weeks trying troubleshooting secuROM issues with VUG to no avail.

I spend 5 minutes reding this forum, Install Daemon 4, Star Force Nightmare and the miniimage and I'm bak gaming again.

My FEAR DVD would work when it wanted to and lock up the PC when it wanted to. This is a good workaround.

TRM

I'll make sure the many frustrated gamers in the FEAR community head this way.

Comment

Yea, for a german not sooo half bad ;-)

Hey, i'm happy, you can read my messages. And i'm happier you understand them. But i'm a lucky happy boy (?), you have spent your time to say thank you.

But i'm only a simple, small candle in the wind..

..hope no storm(troops) will reach me (or my castle).

Have a nice day :-)

Comment

Great, now VUG has detected DT as an emulator with the 1.03 patch.

Originally Posted by arramus

I'll make sure the many frustrated gamers in the FEAR community head this way.

Comment

Working...
                    X