Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with ALL Starforce-protected games

Hello !

I can't launch any game that protected by Starforce. Ofc i got daemon v4, but after instalation Starcorce trying to check the disk and asking me to insert correct disk. I have disabled CD-ROM power as it said but still no progress. Also in any game that protected by Sratfirce if i changing between game1.iso and game2.iso i get "Unable to mount image. Device 0 has outstanding opened handles". Where did i go wrong ?

P.S. All working fine if disk protected by Secorum and other...

Originally Posted by NovarG
    I can't launch any game that protected by Starforce. Ofc i got daemon v4, but after instalation Starcorce trying to check the disk and asking me to insert correct disk. I have disabled CD-ROM power as it said but still no progress.
    How did you create those images, i.e. what software, what settings did you use, what's the brand and type of the used CD/DVD drive?

Also in any game that protected by Sratfirce if i changing between game1.iso and game2.iso i get "Unable to mount image. Device 0 has outstanding opened handles". Where did i go wrong ?
    This means that an application is still accessing some files on the image. You can cancel unmounting the image and quit that application gracefully or force unmounting the image. Just continue unmounting if you don't care.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Something is either wrong w/ your images or
      you could try to unplug the the IDE cable, not just the power, is it still registering as a drive?

Clones of SC:CT, Worms 4, Cold War, and Trackmania Sunrise all work fine with DT4 on my system.

Comment

Originally Posted by NovarG
        Hello !

Also in any game that protected by Sratfirce if i changing between game1.iso and game2.iso i get "Unable to mount image. Device 0 has outstanding opened handles". Where did i go wrong ?

It sounds to me that you are simply not unmouting the game1.iso image before you are mounting the game2.iso image, always make sure you unmount the previous image before mounting any other image file or you will receive this error.
        When hell is full, the dead shall walk the earth.

Comment

Originally Posted by stile
          Something is either wrong w/ your images or
          you could try to unplug the the IDE cable, not just the power, is it still registering as a drive?
          Clones of SC:CT, Worms 4, Cold War, and Trackmania Sunrise all work fine with DT4 on my system.
          I can confirm that, cept Cold War (dont have it) but the others definately work.
          No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Hello,

your images cant work, because you are using iso-Images. In this fileformat you havent physically Inforamtions inside the image like in *mds - Images.

You can only try a mini-image. Search on copybase.ch for such images, there are a lot. With these you can mount the games and should have fun :-)
            Huch, sagte ich neulich, als ich mich erschreckt habe.

Comment

Okay, so i have unpluged IDE cables from CD-ROM (NEC DVD-RW) and power as well. ISO was created with WinISO, i don't know anything else about it, because it was created not by me.. SO i have another question, what if clone will be created with Alcohol for example and have .mds/.mdf format, should it work ?

Comment

Its strange, but my friends don't have same problems with images. For example : Silent Storm game or Space Rangers 2. Both of them protected by Starforce and have .mds format. After instalation all my friends have no problems, but me....anyway starforce asking me to insert the disk....i don't know why...IDE cable unplugged from CD-ROM (btw its NEC DVD-RW)as well as power cable. I don't know what's the problem

Comment

Working...
                X