No announcement yet.

My experience with V4 and several new games:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starforce works for me (gt-legends): first i uninstalled the starforce driver (don't know if matters) then reinstalled game and starforce. with realy unplugged drives (power connector) it works - disabling in bios isn't enough as mentioned before.

using the original-disc is much easier ;-)

i'll wait for the ide plug-in.

Comment

I tested about my 60 original games with my created Images. SMARTE works 100% (Dungeon Siege 2, Dragonshard, Age of E.III, Fable-TLC).
      SECUROM 7 fails but with SR7.STOP ALL works (F.E.A.R. v1.02 Updated, Juiced, Myst V), so I cannot insert always my Media to the drive CD or DVD. Securom 7 some lower versions are working, I don't noted names.. sorry..
      SAFEDISK 4 PERFECT but 4.6 works with nearly all with SD4HIDE (Quake 4, Civ IV, GUN) or WITHOUT SD4HIDE. So, SEC7/SD4/SD4.6/SMARTE works with a little external program. It is very good I think.
      STARFORCE 3 - 3.4 ALL WORKS only with Mount/SFNightmare DISABLE CD.
      It is very good again. I have problems running SF 3.5- SF 3.6 ALL, but I have only 2 types of LG combo DVD R-W and CD R-W DVD-reader and I guess (this is my idea) IF THE DRIVE CAN HANDLE ATIP information was SF 3.5-3.6 NOT WORKING only if OFF POWER SUPPLY. But I don't have a drive with NO ATIP or I not have the types of NO ATIP drives. This is my all from
      DT4 yet (sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Bos

Bet on Soldier - Starforce. Never works for me and now I could play the game with DT4 and unpluged cables (by the way: this game is a sh*t)

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
          Trackmania Sunrise Extreme (the new add-on) updates Starforce to 3.6.
          It works when I disconnect my IDE drives. Just disabling the IDE channels in the BIOS no longer works, Starforce 3.6 can still detect the drives.
          It is possible without disconnecting your IDE drives, there is a program for it, I don't mention it, since I don't know if Im allowed to say it.
          CureROM Support Team

Comment

Originally Posted by FnF
            It is possible without disconnecting your IDE drives, there is a program for it, I don't mention it, since I don't know if Im allowed to say it.
            if you mean Star force nightmare
            well i am not sure but i think its ok all starforce games need it
            Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
            MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Most of the newer StarForce-protected games require that you both physically unplug your drives and use SFCure/SFNightmare.

Arb

Comment

Originally Posted by Dark Arbitor
                Most of the newer StarForce-protected games require that you both physically unplug your drives and use SFCure/SFNightmare.

Arb
                It should be enough to just unplug with SFN or manually, I don't think you will have to do them both.
                And some starforce versions require that you unplug it physically.
                There is no need of sfcure with v4.
                Last edited by Methadon; 16.11.2005, 17:08.

Comment

I have a Russian friend, the mate has a working idea for
                  running Starforce 3.5-3.6 games was:
                  1. Start SFN and DISABLE CD/DISABLE NODE
                  Mount your created Image in DT4 and set RMPS ON
                  and INSTALL FROM THERE (not from CD or DVD)
                  2. In install if needed sure makes a Desktop Starter icon and
                  after install if the game asked to DO NOT REBOOT
                  START the game and the game asks to REBOOT, so that
                  3. Mount Image again on DT4 (RMPS ON), start SFN and
                  DISABLE CD and DISABLE NODE.
                  4. Play the game
                  Maybe this works I will test tomorrow, but hoping some you
                  will try this..

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
                    It should be enough to just unplug with SFN or manually, I don't think you will have to do them both.
                    And some starforce versions require that you unplug it physically.
                    There is no need of sfcure with v4.
                    Thanks for the update. I haven't tried it myself, so I'm working without first-hand experience.

Arb

Comment

the companies must be happy with starforce. i would have no problem buying a game, but im not gonna buy a game that installs malmare, a la' starforce. they really need to come up with something else. its sad that they are not working on a new copy protection cuz of the crap starfore installs on costomers expensive pc's, but rather cuz they want to make more money.

Comment

hey guys i can't get king kong to work, i don't want to use my disc because it munches all my games so i mounted it,installed it and and go to play it, but i get the error cd key does not match the one found on disc, what is happening, how do i sort it.

Comment

@Dannyholden:
                          If you have the original disc and CD key and it is still saying your CD key does not match, then you may have possibly entered the key wrong or else there's something wrong with the disc. I'm not sure if there are any other copyright protection errors that would spit out that error message. I know there are some other threads about getting King Kong to work, so you can try checking those.

Arb

Comment

i have tried everything and it still says cd key error, it checks the disc and it only takes 10 or so seconds, when it used to take 4 mins witout daemon tools 4 but it still say the error, what the hell could be wrong?

Comment

Originally Posted by Dannyholden
                              hey guys i can't get king kong to work, i don't want to use my disc because it munches all my games so i mounted it,installed it and and go to play it, but i get the error cd key does not match the one found on disc, what is happening, how do i sort it.
                              One question, have you tried to instal it with your original disc? Did it work?

Comment

And NFSMW works fine 2, and so does X3 and so on :P

Comment

Working...
                                X