My experience with V4 and several new games:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience with V4 and several new games:

Civilization 4 - SafeDisk 4.60 - works great (but had to reinstall the game first.

Moto GP 3 URT - SecuROM 7 - works great

F.E.A.R. - SecuROM 7 - works great

GT Legends - StarForce 3.6 - nogo
    Tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling using Daemon and image file with only RMPS enabled. Prompts for the CD Key. Enter it. Looks for disk and Errors out every time. I have no physical CD/DVD drives connected. Verified in Windows Device Manager that no drives are installed other than the HD. Alcohol and Antiblaxx were previously uninstalled. Has anyone had success with any Starforce 3 games yet?

Extra: (forum isn't taking replies apparently). Singles 2 uses StarForce 3.4 and TM:Sunrise uses 3.0. So has anyone gotten any games which use StarForce 3.6 to work?
    Last edited by TheWumpus; 16.11.2005, 02:10.

Absolutely, TM:Sunrise works perfectly fine for me, so does Singles 2... both Starforce protected
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Interesting. Any suggestions? The error I get is the same one I always have "Insert the GT legends disk into another drive then press "Retry". Which indicates that it's definitely the StarForce protection in effect and not some other sort of corruption involved.

Any ideas? Toggling all the emulation options on or off or alternating singly didn't help.

Comment

Interesting. Any suggestions? The error I get is the same one I always have "Insert the GT legends disk into another drive then press "Retry". Which indicates that it's definitely the StarForce protection in effect and not some other sort of corruption involved.

Any ideas? Toggling all the emulation options on or off or alternating singly didn't help.

Comment

Yep Splinter Cell Chaos Theory works perfect here with Starforce 3.4 but drive must be unplugged.

Comment

Besides physically disconnecting your drives, you may also want to use SFCure and SFNightmare to disable the optical drives. I'm not sure why both are needed, but other users have reported needing to do both (physical disconnect and SFCure + SFN) on SF 3.6-protected games.

Hopefully the IDE jammer feature for DT4 that will hopefully be released soon will make all of the extra steps necessary to play a game with SF obsolete.

Arb

Comment

so daemon is basically acting like a normal drive and the mounted file is acting like its a normal real disk? no extra programs or files?

Comment

Trackmania Sunrise Extreme (the new add-on) updates Starforce to 3.6.
                It works when I disconnect my IDE drives. Just disabling the IDE channels in the BIOS no longer works, Starforce 3.6 can still detect the drives.

Comment

Doubts with the V4 of DT

Hi there guys. I'm a real new with this programs so please excuse my ignorance.

Here I go (all my questions come from the release notes).

1.-
                  however, it is STILL a SCSI-Emulator, therefore it's still necessary to remove present IDE-Drives!
                  How is this?? are they talking about starforce only or of all security programs???

2.-no matter if REAL or VIRTUAL, you need to DISABLE your ide-drives!
                  again only in games with starforce???

I'm asking this because with fifa06 I haven't need to disable my ides

Thanks for your answer and patience.

Comment

Got King Kong to run
                    I am your father

Comment

Hey Chaosuser, I'll really appreciate it if you can til me how to get King Kong to work. =) Thank you.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                        Absolutely, TM:Sunrise works perfectly fine for me, so does Singles 2... both Starforce protected
                        plz can you tell me exactly what did you do to get it runnin cuz i keep tryin and it doesnt work for me
                        Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                        MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

been testing tons of games and all was going good (50+ games so far)

Hit a speed bump however..

Juiced with 1.01 patch update, cannot seem to get it running

Other than that, all has been great
                          No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Re: juiced 1.01 patch

Can you scan the install folder (with A-ray Scanner or Protection ID) to see if the protection has changed from SecuROM 7.00.00.0037?
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
                              Trackmania Sunrise Extreme (the new add-on) updates Starforce to 3.6.
                              It works when I disconnect my IDE drives. Just disabling the IDE channels in the BIOS no longer works, Starforce 3.6 can still detect the drives.
                              Holy crap..how can SF 3.6 detect a device if even the BIOS isn't detecting it? Guess I'll have to try this..but daaang.

Comment

Working...
                              X