• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my...Still can't get it to work!

I feel so silly!=/

Comment

yeah. me neither..

shinryuu, did you do anything special to copy SPTDinst.exe from the temp? when i open up the installer, the temp folder stays empty during the entire installation process.

Bladeinger, how do you check the event log?

when i try to run the dt4 installer, i get an error message saying SPTDinst.exe can't find the start address setupapi.CM_Set_HW_Prof_FlagsA in the dll-file CFGMGR32.dll, but if you just press ok, the installer will keep installing.

help much appreciated.

Comment

:-(

my problem is a little different... i and still can't get it to work..

I receive this message about the kernel debugger when I run in safe mode...

In normal mode the initial screen of the DT appears... it says "PLEASE WAIT", and then the PC crashes... everything.. even mouse...

no minidump... :-/

I tried everything... even Enviro's instructions... nothing worked.. :-(

any suggestions?

Comment

Finally!

Well... i tried to figured out what was happening here by myself and like a miracle I solved the problem... rsrsrs

well, Enviro's instructions didn't work for me...

When my pc crashes, after rebooting I could see in the device manager an exclamation point in PNP BIOS EXTENSION...
          when I tried to remove or upgrade the driver the pc just crashed again...

so I went to system properties -> advanced -> startup and recovery and UNTICKED the AUTOMATICALLY REBOOT...

I left the minidump on...

it's strange.. but now it work's fine...

sorry for the english... (i'm brazilian) ;-)

Comment

i tried everything, i stopped the antivir/firewall/kernel from advanced system options, and i tried to install sptd, it said PLEASE REBOOT, i reboot and my pc crashed at reboot, wont start
            then i chose START WINDOWS NORMALLY , still crashed
            only option that worked was LAST KNOWN CONFIG THAT WORKED

what can i do more? i did everything in this thread

Comment

Just few troubles... (General is of course Daemon not installing)
              I can't delete some keys in registry. It's "sptd" key. Doing all things with permissions, but... nothing.
              All other sorts of things like turn off kernel debugger, delete sptd drivers in safe mode, delete keys in registry e.t.c... All leads me to follow error (after rebooting)

All other burning/emulation software deleted.

edit by NetSoerfer: Please don't double post. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

ok.
              Last edited by BaNZ; 24.05.2006, 14:26.

Comment

Originally Posted by shinryuu
                Enviro, thank you. You are a prince among men. A saint. A God. You are Jesus, Mohammed, Confucius and Shakyamuni rolled into a ball and smothered in a creamy sauce of really great guy. I have lost nights of sleep over this. I have tried everything and spoken to everyone who would listen. Not only that, but you fixed a random error on my computer that had been happening since the day I bought it, through at least 3 reformats. I'm so happy, I'm nearly crying. Sweet blessed relief.

Ok, enough gushing, here's what I did:
                1. Disabled debugger logging, as per Enviro's instructions
                2. Opened the DT4 installer
                3. With the installer open, copied SPTDinst.exe from the temp
                4. Ran SPTDinst.exe from the command line with the /add switch (it refused to work any other way)
                5. Rebooted, reinstalled DT4 and now it's humming away happily.

I saw at least one other person getting exactly the same error I was (entry_point_not_found), and plenty of people are getting the kernel debugger error, so hopefully Enviro's inspired advice will spread joy to the masses, and not just me
                can u explain more about step 4?

Comment

Download the SPTDInst.exe from the Downloads section.

SPTDInst x86 (32-bit)

SPTDInst x64 (64-bit)

Then boot into Safe Mode and run the appropriate file with /add at the end.

Comment

Hey Enviro..i tried to install and followed the guide you wrote, how to deactivate the kernel debugger but it dosenґt work on my PC...
                    I tried first time and I restarted, started the setup...and the daemon logo comes up and says "Please Wait" -but my Pc freeze, so i dont kown what do do or how to install Daemon Tools 4

shinryuu where is the temp you copied from the SPTDinst.exe..i tried but it couldn't...

Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by MarsQ; 04.06.2006, 13:32.

Comment

pointing to thread New WinXPx64 update breaks Daemon 4.03x64!

do NOT post here regarding the Windows 64-bit security update/patch "kb914784". This is the wrong thread and your post will be removed.

The proper thread for talking about that patch: New WinXPx64 update breaks Daemon 4.03x64! .

Update: That thread is now closed. We don't need comments on that update/patch anymore. Read what is written if you want to learn about the patch situation.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I just latched on to this thread - I'm also having a heck of a time trying to re-install A120 after SPTD started having the same problems. I remove it, delete registry settings and anything else I can think of and whenever I try to reinstall A120 I get the message saying that it needs to install SPTD...I reboot after that, the install then starts again and AGAIN asks me to install SPTD.

Seriously screwed-up process!

--ScottKin

Comment

Running Windows 32-bit. None of listed solutions help.

I am using XP Professional 32-bit. I can no longer use Daemon Tools.

It was working prior to running the current installs from windows.

I had to manually delete the files to stop seeing the Kernel Debugger error message.

What is left for me to do?

Comment

Yeah, I'm asking that myself, too

I've gone through all the posts here and there doesn't seem
                            to be a reliable solution. I tried Jito463's trick and it worked
                            the first time. But after let's say 3 reboots I got the same
                            old message again (funny thing is the device itself is still
                            there and accessible just daemon cannot be started).
                            Most of all I wonder why they don't fix this at all

Comment

stpd and kernel debugging problem and windows is not booting.

Hi, I'm having this problem since I tried to install daemon tools windws is not booting properly. Then in safe mode I am booting and changing stpd in 4. Then my computer is booting, but when opening windows then it gives message that daemon tools initating error, Kernel debugger must be stopped etc.
                              I don't know how to solve this problem. Please help me.

THANK YOU.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I am new and when I try to install I get the same SPTD problem. When It says I need to disable the kernal debugger. I have tryed everthing. I am running windows xp pro 64. I can't sleep. I must fix this.

Comment

Working...
                                X