X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero 6/7 Won't Burn CDs

Burning Software: Nero 6, now Nero 7
    Daemon Tools 3.47, upgrade to 4.00

Every time I try to burn a CD with Nero using my TDK 40/12/48, it develops errors during the lead-out portion. It says "Unable to complete Disc-At-Once", "The device is not ready", and something along the lines of "Invalid write state". Sometimes the drive locks up and constantly shows the write indicator unless I power down the computer. I've tried burning while in safe mode with the SCSI emulator disabled and daemon.exe closed, as well as in normal mode with daemon.exe closed. Any advice to my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Please post in the right forums.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Re: Nero 6/7 Won't Burn CDs

Does Nero work correctly when DAEMON Tools 3.47 and version 4 are uninstalled?

Also, I've gotten that error message when I transferred an image file over the network and it became slightly corrupted (the movie would mount and play in DAEMON Tools but could no longer be burned).
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by 11001001
        Burning Software: Nero 6, now Nero 7
        Daemon Tools 3.47, upgrade to 4.00

Every time I try to burn a CD with Nero using my TDK 40/12/48, it develops errors during the lead-out portion. It says "Unable to complete Disc-At-Once", "The device is not ready", and something along the lines of "Invalid write state". Sometimes the drive locks up and constantly shows the write indicator unless I power down the computer. I've tried burning while in safe mode with the SCSI emulator disabled and daemon.exe closed, as well as in normal mode with daemon.exe closed. Any advice to my problem would be greatly appreciated.
        Do you have starforce on your system by any chance.........

if you do.....that may be the source of your woes!

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away............
        ReBeLlIoN

Comment

I don't have Starforce installed. Recently, Nero works if I throttle down the speed to 20x and close daemon.exe and disable the virtual SCSI controller in Device Manager. So I suppose this is a temporary fix.

Comment

Does your CD burner work at full speed (greater than 20x) when DAEMON Tools 3.47 and version 4 are uninstalled?
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
            X